"Regular Decision" Applicant - When will we find out?

<p>Hi guys, I applied November 30th, regular decision, and still haven't heard back yet, as to whether I got accepted or not. I heard postponed applicants heard by March 15th, but when do us regular decision applicants get the news? If you're a regular decision applicant, or have some more insight into this, PLEASE post here. Thanks.</p>

<p>I think most got their decisions now so I would check with them ASAP.</p>

<p>Take a look at this link.</p>

<p>It says you’ll hear by the end of March. Obviously, many have heard already, some are still waiting.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>[Freshman</a> Applicants: Deadlines - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/freshman/deadlines.php]Freshman”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/freshman/deadlines.php)</p>

<p>When in doubt look it up. Seems a bit odd they would be doing all the postponed before all 1st decisions are done but who knows.</p>

<p>I am a regular decision applicant and got accepted on 3/16 at 3:53 AM. Good luck to you all! I hope you guys get in!</p>

<p>It’s March 30th and I still haven’t heard back yet. Anyone else in the same situation?</p>

<p>Call the Admissions Office: Phone: 608–262–3961</p>

<p>The people who answer are friendly and helpful.</p>

<p>Thanks Madison85. Spoke with an admissions person and he said they will be mass uploading all the decisions to our student center’s in the next 24-48 hours.</p>

<p>All students are “regular decision”. Those who applied before the end of November were promised an answer ealier than now, even if was just “postponed”. So, many waiting, even those who applied more months ago than you did.</p>

<p>If you applied by November 30th, I would think you should have heard by now? I applied then and I think I heard by like late December.</p>

<p>^Btw I was regular decision and I still heard back really soon.</p>

<p>I’m worried about housing, if we hear too late. Or if we don’t get in, and don’t hear for a while, should I just send a deposit in for my plan B school? I don’t want to get stuck without housing or in the worst dorm. What to do?</p>

<p>On the housing, I understand rooms are assigned on random lottery rather than a list ased on when someone sent in housing deposit. I do not know when the deadline for the $50 housing deposit is for accepted students, but I thought it was something like up until May 1. </p>

<p>So, students admitted later are not penalized for not having submitted a housing app. This is different from some schools where your housing priority is based on when you put in your deposit. So don’t worry about that issue. Good luck with your decision, I hope you have good news soon!</p>

<p>Thx midwestmomofboys :)</p>

<p>This is my 1st choice school, and it’s going to be the last school to come in. I was postponed and I’m stressing out a little this weekend about not hearing. :frowning: So I’m getting ready to go out, and I will just hope for the best that they see how much of a great person I am and how much I will contribute once I am in. Otherwise, I do have a plan b, but hope I don’t need it. :slight_smile: Thx</p>

<p>Did you get in?</p>

<p>Lol, its fun to see a thread a few months old getting revived. I’m honestly curious as well.</p>