Regular Decision Chances

I was wondering what my chances are for acceptance in the spring.

3.01 GPA On a difficult Grading scale (roughly 3.35 on public school scale).
31 ACT
Extracurriculars are weak. Played sports and did many hours of service, but not much else.
Maintained a job since sophomore year.
The best semester was 1st of senior year which is included on the application. (Upward trend I guess)
Took many accelerated/AP classes, so class rigor shouldn’t be a problem.
Grades that hurt my GPA all came in Spanish/ English classes, while math and science stayed strong.

Any feedback is great, Thank You.

You should be getting a much better gpa- even if the classes were AP. Many students will take those and do well in them. Class rigor counts if you get A’s/5’s on AP exams. Remember- UW uses unweighted grades so your 3.0 is still a 3.0. A 3.25 is still very low- check the UW website.

I doubt your grading scale is any different than many of the excellent Wisconsin public schools. I have no idea where you come up with your numbers for that. I get tired of students assuming their HS is so much better- Wisconsin has had a tradition of good public education.

Depends on which college you are applying to. I would venture to guess that you might get in to L&S, but CoE or business might be a challenge.

You get admitted to the university as a whole, regardless of admission to specific schools/colleges. Currently there is high demand relative to available facilities for business and engineering programs so they are competitive. Most students want neither of these.