Regular Decision early notification

<p>I applied regular decision to Miami and got my invite to interview today. I got the 24,000 a year scholarship.</p>

<p>Just a heads up for those anxiously awaiting. You should here soon. I'm from Maryland by the way.</p>

<p>you got your acceptance letter in the mail today?</p>

<p>Yep! And I live in Maryland, fairly close to DC.</p>

<p>do you think you received yours earlier because of the invite to the interview?</p>

<p>Without a doubt, yes.</p>

<p>So EA gets their decision late, and RD get's theirs early...?</p>

<p>haha it does seem that way..but lets see how much longer it is till the normal RD people get their letters..</p>

<p>Think about it this way... if you're getting invited to go to an April Singer weekend, you have to be notified before April. That's fairly obvious. In addition, the deadline for regular decision notification is April 15 I believe. If I had heard on April 15 that I got in, I'd be FREAKING out only having two weeks to decide. May 1 is fast approaching. Imagine finding out in mid to late April.</p>

<p>pd:</p>

<p>Congrats! Would you mind checking myum online to see if your Status changed?</p>

<p>Poisondart - in that case f UM :)</p>

<p>Accepted to University of Miami!!! :)</p>

<p>same...i am in complete shock hahaha
does anyone know when financial aid packages are ready cause i need mucho money lol</p>

<p>I just got mine too :)!</p>

<p>As soon as I log in, it redirects to an Admissions Letter which congratulates me on getting in. There is no where to click from there really. So it's fairly obvious. Hope that helps!</p>

<p>I just found out today and was notified that I got an $11000/year Trustee Scholarship. I haven't checked my online status check in weeks though.</p>

<p>So is the school notifying by mail as well as on-line? My status switched to under review on February 27 but I haven't heard anything yet.</p>

<p>Accepted and I got the 24000/yr scholarship.</p>

<p>Neither had I. I just checked as requested to help haha</p>

<p>I believe they are notifying those receiving scholarships now. I hadn't checked the online status until a few days after I got the letter in the mail.</p>

<p>Well I don't know how they are deciding who gets their response first, but I applied regular decision, actually not until Jan 15 exactly, but I got my acceptance letter today, but nothing having to do with a scholarship award/consideration, but their was a paper inside the acceptance packet that said I would receive information on scholarship and financial aid awards separately....So I don't know. Like I said, all I received was my acceptance letter, I don't know why they sent them out so early! Btw, I live in Washington, DC, so anywhere near that area, you may receive notification soon too.</p>