Regular Decision Notifications.

<p>Around what time in march should we find out?!</p>

<p><a href="http://admissions.geneseo.edu/?p=freshmenappprocess%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://admissions.geneseo.edu/?p=freshmenappprocess&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Freshmen: "Decisions for the fall term are mailed on March 1."</p>

<p>Good luck. :)</p>

<p>Thanks. And I'm so glad that it's much sooner than my other ones. It gives me something to look forward to, even if I've already gotten into the one I'm most likely going to...</p>

<p>But it's nice to have more options, I guess.</p>

<p>i was just in the admissions office this morning and i saw on a secretary's desk..acceptance packets being put together...most of their decisions are made already..they just wait until march 1st to send all notifications out</p>

<p>Does that mean I could email my guidance counselor over at Geneseo and find out already?</p>

<p>don't even bother...they will not tell you...if they told you then they would have to tell the 12,000 other people who applied over the phone</p>

<p>Good point. So I'll just wait...</p>

<p>Bran10, have any of those packets you saw them putting together on 2/11 gone out yet or do they actually wait for 3/1 to mail them?</p>

<p>everything is mailed out on 3/1...however since 3/1 falls on a saturday..letters could be mailed out on 2/29..not sure</p>

<p>Thanks Bran10. Guess we'll start checking the mail on Monday. Good luck to everyone who applied RD!</p>

<p>Ahhh, I'm incredibly impatient! Geneseo is my safety school due to finances but I hateee (!!) the waiting game. The fact that everything is ready to be sent out and they're still waiting is crazy annoying.</p>

<p>Daughter just got her acceptance packet today. Big envelope with folder of information and letter welcoming her to the Class of 2012. Mailed 2/27. We live in upstate NY.
Good luck to everyone! They are definitely in the mail now!</p>

<p>Were the acceptance envelopes oversize? Like 10x12? Or letter size?</p>

<p>My dd received an envelope today, about 10x12.....</p>

<p>Marion in Western NY</p>

<p>EDIT: Just read post from NYDANCEMOM and see that this is probably an acceptance</p>

<p>nydancemom and mtpaper - what are your daughters' stats?</p>

<p>I just got accepted today as well. I live outside of Syracuse, NY, so only about 2.5 hours from Geneseo. It was a big maroon acceptance folder that said "Geneseo: Offer of Admission" on the front. The envelope was huge, clearly bigger than the standard folder in it.</p>

<p>What in the world does select waitlist mean?
Does anyone actually get in from it? Or am I wasting my time wondering?</p>

<p>How long do you think it would take a letter to hit Nassau on Long Island?</p>

<p>i was selected wait listed last year...basically you are not accepted for fall 2008 unless there are spaces available after may 1st when all the deposits are due for accepted students..most likely there wont be....you are guaranteed a spot for spring 2009 or fall 2009 no matter what... i choose to come to Geneseo in spring 2008....i wasn't alone...there was at least 130 people in the same situation...they happened to open newly renovated dorms this semester just for transfer students...they may do the same next year..they are building brand new dorms that should open in january 2009...if you really liked geneseo then it may be worth the wait...it was for me</p>

<p>long island should be tomorrow...</p>

<p>Received my letter!
I live in western New York, outside of Buffalo.</p>