Regular Decision

<p>Thanks, but it seems as if I will not be going to the US if this keeps up. Colorado College was among the “easier” colleges I applied to. Perhaps I had too high goals. Colgate University is next on my list and I would love to get accepted! Would probably do just about anything (as long as it isn’t morally unprincipled) to get that big letter in the mail…</p>

<p>I’m so sorry it’s such a tense time. I’ll keep you in my thoughts! Your stats are very good. I applied to colgate as well haha</p>

<p>I applied to Colgate ED2 and got rejected. Being an international student puts u at a huge disadvantage there, they only accept 13 percent international. But if ur stats are good they probably will accept you.</p>

<p>My daughter was accepted and was also accepted to CSU Honors. IB diploma candidate, 4.6 weighted GPA, 31 ACT, top 5% of her class, honors society memberships. One of her IB classmates, who ranks higher with better stats and National Merit letter, was also accepted. Her friend’s profile is very different - band, drama, etc. whereas my daughter has a long record of community service outside of school. Based on this I conclude that there is no one thing that CC was looking for, although it would appear that the rigor of the applicant’s HS academic program was weighted heavily in the decision making process. We know they also took a careful look at the supplement essays: my daughter received handwritten comments from the admissions director about them with her acceptance letter. </p>

<p>My daughter is still waiting to hear from her other schools and knows she will be rejected by some of them. There is no magic formula or guarantee, and every school (and every year) is different. I hope this helps.</p>

<p>any other internationals here who still didnt receive the decisions yet?</p>

<p>I have not gotten my letter yet, did the person who got in apply regular decision.</p>

<p>@tiffanybent yes i did. maybe you should call? good luck!</p>

<p>I judt did and they told me to give it a few more days</p>

<p>I’m an international student and I got my decision through the online portal. I logged in and it was the first thing on the page. I got waitlisted…</p>

<p>Yesterday, my son logged in to his “portal” and the news section said that he was invited to admitted students day. There was even an RSVP hyperlink. When we clicked on it, it took us to a page that said “Congratulations”, but on that page, he wasn’t no longer logged in. He was able to log-in again though, and the registration page had details partially filled out. My son didn’t believe this meant anything, but I couldn’t believe his account would show that invitation, and the ability to register for the event, if he had not been admitted. Today, his “portal” shows a letter stating that he has NOT been admitted. Considering his stats, ACT35, top 4% or large class, I’m a little surprised. I wonder if the school is still need blind. :(</p>

<p>Colorado College has been need sensitive for 10 years or so now. It used to take kids on a need blind basis and gap them when the money ran out. Now it tries to meet as much need as possible for those students accepted, and also uses merit awards to get the students it most wants rather than spreading itself thin over all of the kids accepted.</p>

<p>Still I am shocked at the kids that have been waitlisted. Your kids are the cream of the crop, IMO, and should have many options. I am sorry that CC was not one of them. </p>

<p>The school underwent a financial crisis about 3 years ago and had to really tighten the belt on operations. Though the admissions end of it was supposedly not affected, i don’t see how it would not be. My son has a nice but not generous merit award to the school, but given its cost as a private LAC, it has not been an inexpensive experience. There are a lot of work opportunites on campus, however, which has been a great relief.</p>

<p>But, yes, financial need is in the picture which could be the reason some of your kids were waitlisted or denied. The thing that I don’t get is how high the bar is to be admitted with aid. My understanding was that only a small percentage of kids were affected by the need aware policy. I guess"small" is a relative term.</p>

<p>Rejected in Seattle. With this note: " Our applicant pool has reached a record high, bolstered by a 50%+ increase in ED applications and a 20%+ increase in Early Action applications. Our Regular Action increase is more modest yet we still had several hundred more applications to read this year than usual.</p>

<p>On campus, we remain over enrolled and must make an aggressive effort to reduce the size of the incoming class. It will be one of the smallest in the last decade. While our overall admit rate is projected to be 23%, we anticipate our Regular Action admit rate to be as low as 14%."</p>

<p>My son applied RD some years ago. When he visited the campus, he decided to have an impromptu interview at admissions and told them he loved the place. They advised him to switch his app which was already in, to EA. He had an accept letter waiting for him when he got home. Even then the differential in accept rates was steep.</p>

<p>CC aggressively sought to increase its ED apps this year, soliciting some EA applicants to change to ED, and extending the deadline for EDII. Would be interesting to know if CC filled up a much higher than normal percent of its class through ED admits. That, of course, would result in a much lower admit rate in the regular decision round. would also increase the percent of full pay students admitted to CC.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I was interested by this. According to the information in the Colorado College Common Data Sets for the six years starting with the class of 2006-07, the total enrollment has been as low as 1,998 in 2006-07 and as high as 2,091 in 2010-11. There were 493 freshmen enrolled in 2006. There were 490 enrolled in 2011-12.</p>

<p>The other 4 years, the annual enrollment for freshmen was between 524 and 536.</p>

<p>If CC is going to report a “decade low” enrollment for the 2012-13 freshman class, it has to be below 490 students.</p>

<p>Could you tell me what you mean by “gap”? My daughter was admitted to CC and the FA looks very good, but obviously they’re following a need-based formula because her award from Macalester is nearly identical. It’s only a one-year award because an older sibling is in college, with a one year overlap. They told me the second year would be adjusted when I have only one child in college and their estimate was very reasonable and workable. Am I right to trust them or will I be unpleasantly surprised after the first year?</p>

<p>Waitlisted…</p>

<p>Anyone know anything about the “Winter Start” program at CC? My son got in for a January start. His GPA wasn’t quite as high as CC likes but had all of the other components and some unique “extras”. They say about 4o kids start in January. This is a great fit for him so we are trying to get him to say yes!</p>

<p>Some kids graduate in December, which frees up room for additional students in January. If he has any AP or IB credits, that could shave a semester off of his time and he would graduate on schedule in 2016. If not, it would look great on his resume if he does something productive with the ‘semester off’ - e.g., volunteer, work, take college courses elsewhere that will transfer. For you, it’s great because it gives you an extra semester to come up with those tuition $$. If CC is his best offer and he likes the school, you are doing the right thing encouraging him to accept the offer. There are hundreds of waitlisted kids that would give anything for a winter start at CC!</p>

<p>I live in Hawaii and got my acceptance letter the last week in March. I got a merit scholarship I’m extremely happy about since I didn’t apply for financial aid (my parents are doctors, so I didn’t think I qualified). I’m surprised about all the wait listings and rejections because everyone on here seems qualified. I’m lucky to have gotten a spot!</p>