Rejected! and applied through ELC?

<p>a few days before i sent in my uc app i a couple of letters in the mail informing me i could apply through ELC and i got my elc number.</p>

<p>so when i applied to UCSB and UC irvine, i was sure id get into those. but i didnt.</p>

<p>but i didnt really mind since i did get in to UC Davis.</p>

<p>however, thats my only acceptance AND i applied to UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UC San Diego, and UCSB.</p>

<p>did this seem to happen to anyone else? or know of anything similiar like my situation…</p>

<p>thanks! =]</p>

<p>Same here, got rejected from UCLA, UCB, UCSD, UCI, UCSB.
Accepted to UCR, UCM, UCSC, UCD.
So I'm going to be going to UCD next year, but I was really hoping for UCI since I really don't wanna go to Norcal. =/</p>

<p>u serious? how the hell did you get rejected from UCI but not UCD? That scares me. I got rejected from UCD but I haven't heard back from UCI yet.</p>

<p>Well, ELC just means you'll get into ONE UC fo' shizzle. I guess Davis picked you up?</p>

<p>I got my ELC stuff in like, the summer. ._.; Not sure what happened to you. =/ Maybe that's why you didn't get into SB or Irvine or Riverside?</p>

<p>dont know... i know people in my school were notified about elc status within the same week as me.</p>

<p>here's how it works</p>

<p>TRUE ELC for top 4%
CRAPPY ELC for top 10% - 12%</p>

<p>TRUE ELC gives you instant admissions to schools like UCI and UCSB for sure
CRAPPY ELC basically is meant to encourage people to apply</p>

<p>I know people who got the lower end ELC and rejected to all UCs they applied to</p>

<p>ps. I got CRAPPY ELC too =)</p>

<p>hahaha!</p>

<p>that explains a lot. thankss!</p>

<p>i think ucd has better average stats than uci</p>