Rejected by UCLA, do i still have chance for UCB?

<p>Thank you, Ms. Sun. Finally a definitive answer! :-)</p>

<p>@omgbeccca, I received my BA from Berkeley and I was in a PhD program at UCLA. Currently I am working as a college admissions consultant specializing in the top UCs. I also volunteer with Berkeley and UCLA on high school admissions outreach (I receive training from the campuses and attend college fairs to promote the schools), and volunteer with the alumni associations from both campuses in the Alumni Scholarship application and interview processes in Southern California.</p>

<p>I am fortunate as I have (by spending years in the UC system) learned to navigate the ridiculous bureaucracy to get the information I need. If you ever have time to kill, call the admissions office until you get someone competent on the phone and you will get the same information I have.</p>

<p>@momfirst3, happy to help.</p>

<p>Hello everyone, I am a transfer student majoring in electrical engineering. I was recently accepted to UC Santa Cruz and rejected from UC Santa Barbara. I am still hoping for UCLA and UCB because I think UCSB may be more strict about missing a class in Physics (Thermo) I have the other ones though. </p>

<p>Stats:</p>

<p>-4.0 community college student
-Jack Kent Cooke scholarship nominee(waiting on that)
-Former United States Marine /Harrier Avionics Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Rep(5 years 7 mo.). Received Navy/Marine Corps Achievement Medal twice.
-3 deployments (2 in Iraq).
-will have 75 transferable units completed by end of spring (so far all A’s).
-Meet every prereq at UCB and missing Physics(Thermo) for UCLA.
-Berkeley TAP student</p>

<p>I’m pretty discouraged about getting denied, I have worked my A** off after getting out of the Marine Corps 2 years ago and want to transfer to UCB or UCLA. I am not sure if I want to go to an EECS school though so I am leaning towards UCLA (if I can get in). What are my chances now and what should I do if I don’t get into either? Should I go to UCSC or wait another year just for one stupid class that I could probably take in the summer. Thanks for any input that would help.</p>

<p>Aramos:</p>

<p>I don’t have any advice on your transfer app, but just wanted to THANK YOU for serving.</p>