Rejected from all UCs Applied

<p>^please read Calmom’s advice regarding the statewide path!!! If you are in the top 9% I believe you are guaranteed a spot at one of the UCs that you did not apply to that is not impacted. I don’t know the particulars but see Calmom’s advice above. That MIGHT only be Merced campus, but perhaps another campus too. </p>

<p>Did you get accepted into any of the CSUs? Or - If you have your heart set on UCs, then plan on going to CC, work hard and transfer after two/three years. That will save you money on tuition at a state school or privates for the final few years. Especially since it sounds like you are unsure of what you want to major in and also because your family’s financial situation. </p>

<p>It is unfortunate that your school counselors did not encourage each student to apply to a few safeties. At our school, they kept reminding kids a school assemblies, one on one counseling sessions, emails about prepping for the ACT and SATs, scholarships, deadlines, etc…but i still think our school was poor in guiding the students in reach, match, and safety schools. Most of it was up to the student and us, as parents. Every year, it gets harder and harder as the competition continues to increase. I think I read that UCLA has over 90,000 freshman applications for 2013-2014 school year! </p>

<p>We are also Asian and of course know how much pressure it can be. Try and talk to your family… There is nothing you can do at this point with your GPA and SAT so don’t beat yourself up over it. However be proactive and look into the statewide path option and look into CCs and investigate some choices in majors - develop a plan, and talk to your parents. If you did get into some privates, or perhaps wait listed, some offer transfer options after only one year…As a parent, I wouldn’t fault my kid at this point…as long as he/he is taking an active role and is planning for his/her future.</p>

<p>I got rejected too!! Even from Merced & Riverside but im going to a community college this fall. I kinda give up on UCs</p>

<p>Sent from my C5155 using CC</p>

<p>I think the personal statement was factor too because my two friends applied to UCB but only 1 got in!</p>

<p>Sent from my C5155 using CC</p>

<p>I have a feeling I know why they didn’t get in. Two Mom’s beating him over the head with GREAT advice, and all he does is log in under another account and avoid the best advice in thread.</p>

<p>I am sorry that you didn’t get in. But let me tell you, you have a WAY better application than I will have in the Fall.
And I don’t mean to hi-jack this thread but I am curious about something.
Would heartchromatic’s have had a higher chance of acceptance at private universities such as USC? Or does the low SAT impair the decision process so much?</p>

<p>Keep your head up. Life goes on.</p>

<p>@BlueFireworks</p>

<p>My SAT was lower than the averages for both UCB and USC, but I believe I did well on the essays (written about asking a girl to formal my Junior year and the other about loving others) which probably made up for it. </p>

<p>I didn’t get into UCLA though, so I believe that there is a random factor, but you can definitely make up for it.</p>

<p>My USC supplemental essay was a sentimental reflection on the first football game I saw with my dad as a kid (back when Bush was RB) and how I thought that it’d be awesome to go there (unfortunately it’s quite expensive).</p>

<p>Logically though, the top UCs accept many more applicants total I believe (rather, they have more spots) and have similar SAT scores, which means there is more room to accept lower scoring applicants who are still extremely viable and interesting and still balance it out in the end.</p>

<p>My advice would be to touch the readers with the essay. If you’re underdog, take the challenge, want it, and pursue your dream.</p>

<p>I went an entire week averaging less than 2.5 hours of sleep a night trying to perfect the UC app and for me it paid off. I’m blessed, but I put my body through hell for it my entire last year of high school (once on a Friday I realized I hadn’t slept other than three hour-long naps since Tuesday night).</p>

<p>Good luck! :)</p>

<p>I know you’re really upset and disappointed, but you applied to a few of the most competitive UC schools. :confused: I’m really sorry but at least you were accepted to a few CSU’s. You can still get a really good education.</p>

<p>@heartchromatic
I know this is kinda late, but don’t feel bad about yourself! We’re in the same boat. I applied for uci, ucla, ucsd</p>

<p>@heartchromatic
I know this is kinda late, but don’t feel bad about yourself! We’re in the same boat. I applied for uci, ucla, ucsd, ucsb and got rejected from all of them. I’m also considered as one of the top 9% in my school. I have A L</p>

<p>@heartchromatic
I know this is kinda late, but don’t feel bad about yourself! We’re in the same boat. I applied for uci, ucla, ucsd, ucsb and got rejected from all of them. I’m also considered as one of the top 9% in my school. I have a 4.0 GPA and I have A LOT of great EC’s plus my PS are really good too. My friend who has a higher GPA than me by like .2 or .3 got in with a barely 1500 SAT score. So yeah I think it’s just really out of luck. And I know a lot of people who has lower stats than you and me that got in. I say it’s really just out of luck. But yeah don’t feel bad about yourself. All those schools don’t know what they’re missing out. :)</p>

<p>Damn it my phone is messing up. My reply keeps getting cut off haha</p>