Rejected from Davis = rejected from all UCs

<p>Noodle1: That's strange... If your son's ELC, then he would have been guaranteed admission to Davis.</p>

<p>Wait, have the replies come out already? 8O</p>

<p>Not necessarily. You are not guaranteed to all of the UC's you apply to and Davis was not his first choice.</p>

<p>Rejected from UCD
Accepted UCSB with Regents</p>

<p>sat 2200, m2 780, phys 750
ucw gpa 4.1
white, not low income</p>

<p>This is all so very weird</p>

<p>it's like UCD is rejecting kids who look pretty qualified with GPA and SAT</p>

<p>maybe the program/major they applied has something to do?</p>

<p>Rejected... aww.</p>

<p>3.85 UC GPA
2080 SAT
760MathIIC/ 710 BioM </p>

<p>So sad.</p>

<p>
[Quote]
Not necessarily. You are not guaranteed to all of the UC's you apply to and Davis was not his first choice.

[/Quote]

UC Davis is guaranteed this year. You may want to check if there is a misreporting mistake somewhere.</p>

<p>gotouc. you definitely are very qualified. your rejection is a big surprise to me since some of my friends got in w/ lower stats than yours.</p>

<p>GPA unweighted: 3.71
UCW GPA: 3.9
SAT I: 2020
SAT II: 790/math2, 730/spanish
work experience, varsity wrestling, boys state alternate</p>

<p>^^^^^ rejected</p>

<p>Yeah ELC should be guaranteed Davis. Maybe you are not ELC in the local context?</p>

<p>yeah if he applied as an engineer to ucd, that is likely what got him the rejection letter. they have different point cutoffs for each school within ucd, and the engineering cutoff is in the esoteric region. >_<</p>

<p>SAT I: 2060 (790 M, 670 W, 600CR)
SAT II: 620 M2, 540 Lit (bad day lol)
3.9ish (OOS so not really sure)
Good number of EC's and positions</p>

<p>Rejected for M. Eng. This pretty much ruined my day. =(
...Hopefully Cal and UCLA turn out better for me. </p>

<p>^^ DAMN YOU ESOTERIC REGIONS!</p>

<p>but how come davis doesn't mention anything about impacted majors on their app, except for engineering maybe.</p>

<p>excluding engineering, anyone can put a major down that nobody has, and then change later to a diff major like bio or something.. doesn't make sense though</p>

<p>Wow... I can't believe some of you got rejected from Davis...</p>

<p>I had a 3.51 UNWEIGHTED GPA (actually a 3.49 at the time...)
1920 SAT
31 ACT</p>

<p>a bunch of ECs
first-gen though and pretty killer essays if that makes any difference...</p>

<p>Rejected with</p>

<p>UC GPA: 3.8
SATs: 2110/760/730</p>

<p>Apparently a bunch of people with similar or better stats than me have also been rejected. Screw you Davis!!!! Screw you!!!</p>

<p>There are people who do not get accepted to Davis, but get into SD. I just saw someone on the Irvine board who was rejected from Irvine, but in at SD.</p>

<p>Yeah Davis sent emails, well at least I received mine today. I was accepted, but I kind of knew already since I'm already accepted into UCI and Cal</p>

<p>I think it's weird how some of you were rejected. Your scores were really good. Maybe your essays?</p>

<p>I heard Davis and SD don't really read the essays. They just scan it for anything they can give points for.</p>

<p>Its funny, I didn't get an email from Davis.. I just checked my account on the website, and it says I was not accepted.</p>

<p>I'd LIKE to think they were too afraid to send me an e-mail, but thats probably not the case.</p>

<p>^ I'm sorry about that :(</p>

<p>could you please tell me - did you check your account on the normal UC apps website or on the Davis application site specifically?</p>