Rejected from Davis = rejected from all UCs

<p>Davis app site</p>

<p>oh, okay. thanks very much.</p>

<p>Wow. I'm so surprised by all the rejections. I've always been under the impression that Davis was easier to get into than Irvine (it has a higher acceptance rate, and a lower applicant pool) but I suppose they've bucked down this year. I mean, 2110 SAT? Geez. Mine was barely any better (2190)...</p>

<p>For the OP, in general, if you lack enough points for Davis, it'll be difficult for SD, but there's always hope. Special circumstances, and whatnot. Their formulas are also a little different. Good luck!</p>

<p>He received an ELC letter from UC and a special ELC application number which he used
That's odd that Davis is supposed to be guaranteed and he was rejected
Davis was not his first choice, but we were VERY surprised by the rejection
We are so happy with the Cal Poly SLO engineering admit and are waiting on Berkeley with fingers crossed</p>

<p>Noode1, I received an ELC letter from UC with a special ELC application as well. However, I was only qualified for ELC in the statewide context, or "on track". </p>

<p>It is the ELC in the local context that counts.</p>

<p>I didn't get an email but I checked the website and got accepted.</p>

<p>UC Davis doesn't like whites and asians. Anyone ever heard of Bakke vs. California?</p>

<p>lolol
(10 char)</p>

<p>So the majority of UC Davis consists of African-Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Middle-Eastern, what other race is there?</p>

<p>lol</p>

<p>i got accepted with 4.1 gpa and 2030 SAT. but wow i am so surprised by some of these rejections. im so worried now about how UCSD, UCLA, and UCB will be.</p>

<p>I've been seeing alot of "OMG I cant believe some of you got rejected!!" </p>

<p>Well its kind of obvious that no one knows **** about whats considered "qualified" for the schools now... point systems or not.</p>

<p>IT'S YOUR MAJOR</p>

<p>That is all. :)</p>

<p>I agree with cutie that it may be the major. I know engineering and bio are impacted, not sure what else (per our tour guide) so maybe there are seperate requirements. I know UCSD is impacted and there is a seperate review for those majors starting this year. I cannot believe the stats of those rejected because gpa and SAT/ACT alone would give a lot of points. There were so many apps this year, it is allowing UCD to be more selective it seems.</p>

<p>Sounds like an insult to UCDavis.</p>

<p>"UC Davis doesn't like whites and asians. Anyone ever heard of Bakke vs. California? "</p>

<p>It's UC Regents vs. Bakke =P yay4APGov</p>

<p>and still =( for being rejected.</p>

<p>Major... haha... I put Food Science 'cause I thought it sounded interesting...</p>

<p>I should have put undecided, now I feel like I just got in because of my major choice, not really because of me.</p>

<p>Probably has a bit to do with the UC wide enrollment cuts as well, what is it 6% across the board, with davis taking a large part of the burden? (Correct me if I'm wrong)</p>

<p>.^^ the only thing UCD uses the essays for is to look for poorness/hard life situations. They don't use them for anything else. EC's are barely used in their point formula, and only ppl who get a 1st 2nd 3rd place award at the regional+ level get the points</p>

<p>^oops sorry I deleted my post that you are referring to.
well I feel that it must've made an impact in mine, because my gpa W 3.8, sat 2070, but i go to a really competitive asianified school. but i had good ec's and essays that really made my app seem super connected..haha yeah anyway, sorry to those who didn't get in :[ you can partially blame the budget cuts..</p>

<p>I think the main factor is the major you chose. They have different cutoffs for different majors</p>