Rejected from Davis = rejected from all UCs

<p>Isn't that why we pick an alternative major? And if we were not admitted to the certain major, why not offer the students a different major, and the student may choose?</p>

<p>oh okay, excuse my misinterpretation. I actually haven't looked at the Davis point system formula thing before
as for the 6% UC cuts, UC</a> cuts freshman enrollment for fall by 6% - Los Angeles Times
yeah about 400 cut from Davis...:/
(sorry if we're not allowed to post links? i'm a cc noob lol)</p>

<p>if ur alternate major is in the same college it doesn't help.</p>

<p>ie 2 engineering majors.</p>

<p>2060 SAT1
720 MATH2
720 CHEM
4.02 UC GPA</p>

<p>*** Davis!? You're scaring the crap out of me!</p>

<p>two friends of mine got rejected from UCD but got into UCI.
One of them is a really smart kid, but i guess he was unlucky and the other is not that smart but he got into UCI..
another friend of mine got into both UCI and UCD, and i got into both as well.
It seems that UCI is taking more people, but that might not be 100% the case.
ok now check my score out:
SatI
reading :430 :D
writing: 610
math: 690</p>

<p>SAT IIs : 660 and 700</p>

<p>GPA: 4.35</p>

<p>but i think they took into consideration the fact that i have only been in the states for 3 years. So i think that helped me alot. and the fact that i am ranked top 20 in my class. very competitive school, alot of asians and indians.</p>

<p>Anyways good luck man!!</p>

<p>UGH I WAS REJECTED FROM UC DAVIS TOO!
It was my first choice but now that I've thought about it, I realized Davis probably wouldn't have been what I expected.</p>

<p>I GOT INTO UC IRVINE THOUGH!
That was a total shocker for me because I automatically assumed I wouldn't get in because of Davis's decision.
I guess you really can't predict anything.</p>

<p>I also applied to UC Berk & UCLA so we'll see.</p>

<p>omg....Davis was my first choice!! But I am rejected :( I feel like crying....good luck out there guys</p>

<p>havefaith--UCI hasnt sent out its rejections yet (I dont think). When they do youll see that UCI rejected someone with your stats, but they got into Davis, because their admission rates are similar (actually UCI and UCSB's rates are lower than Davis)</p>

<p>^^ not this year</p>

<p>I got rejected from Davis yesterday and got into Irvine today.</p>

<p>I guess I got lucky?</p>

<p>If I chose undecided rather than engineering I would have gotten in after looking at these other major's acceptances. =P</p>

<p>does anybody know if the English department is impacted at Davis?</p>

<p>Officially, there's no such thing as an impacted major at the UCs (except for Bio at SD) anymore. However, it's easy to see that Bio at ANY college would be extremely tight with a lot of competition. I really wouldn't worry about English though. You don't have the influx of doctor-wannabes charging major in literature :]</p>

<p>Noodle1: Your son probably did not have top 4% ELC.</p>

<p>Civil Engineering</p>

<p>4.13</p>

<p>28 ACT</p>

<p>Rejection from Davis wouldn't mean rejection from all UCs. With this year's strange economy, nothing is for sure. Who knows anymore?? </p>

<p>But come to think of it, UC admissions have ALWAYS been strange.</p>

<p>To me if you got rejected from Davis you still have a chance at Irvine, but you are basically eliminated from UCSD. There could be something from Berkeley and LA though because they do have slightly different system of processing applications. Also, it depends on majors and if they were impacted or not. Like Davis is better than the other UC's in certain programs and it makes it harder to get into those so it all depends on that too.</p>

<p>ugh is Bio extremeley impacted at irvine? A lot of people at my school have pretty good stats but they didnt get into davis, possibly because they put bio as their major..</p>

<p>I wonder if it comes down to major, essay (ie obstacles overcome), leadership, the school you go to (ie low API),etc at UCD and UCSD because they do use the point system and there are obviously a lot of very academically qualified students being rejected!</p>

<p>I just got accepted into UC Irvine... The wait seemed soooooooooooo long but I'm really happy! And congrats to everyone else that got accepted into a school, don't lose hope! lol</p>