Rejected from every UC

I’ve been rejected from UCSD, UCD, and UCSB so far. I have almost no hope for UCI, LA, or Berkeley. I wish I hadn’t applied for engineering… :-< Anyone else in my situation as well?

I’m sorry to hear that but don’t lose hope. My friend who did a interview at Berk ( accepted 99.9%) was rejected from UCSD, UCD. She applied for engineering.

Did you apply for any safety schools?

@NCalRent‌ Yes, I was admitted into Cal Poly SLO for Engineering, but my dream is to attend UCLA. Perhaps I need to start counting my blessings but it’s so hard dealing with rejection.

I think the universe is telling you to go to Cal Poly SLO! That’s a really great school, especially for your major!

@smileesarefree‌ You may be right, SLO might be where I’m destined to go aha

Cal Poly is a great school. I’ve seen quite a few kids this weekend (including mine) who got accepted at either Davis or San Diego but wait-listed at Cal Poly.

Yup. A couple of people from my school were wait-listed or straight out rejected from Cal Poly but accepted by UCSD/UCD (for engineering.) Cal Poly SLO is an amazing school!

Thank you all for your feedback! I feel much more confident of my future and less of a failure. :slight_smile:

I’ll trade you CP SLO for UCLA if i get in LOL

If it makes you feel better, I did get into UCSD, but I wasn’t good enough for SLO.

(Hug) I totally understand ur feeling, I got rejected by UCSD and UCSB, got wl by Davis and SC with CS/CE majors

Congrats on SLO.

Be Poly Proud. Getting into Cal Poly SLO Engineering is quite an accomplishment. Well respected in the industry. My daughter many of her classmates chose Cal Poly over UCs and privates with no regrets. Small classes, lots of labs, and projects.

My Cal Poly SLO EE friend was offered the cushiest job at Apple after graduation. Our UC friends at start ups try not to let the envy show.

Congratulations!

I got rejected by all three of the UCs I applied to. I applied to two cuss and got into SD state and waitlisted to LB state

Cal Poly’s a damn good school. I’ll probably go there over the UC and privates I got into. Be proud.

I also have a friend who was accepted to UC Davis and UCSD for engineering, but was rejected from SLO. He was also accepted to SMU with a scholarship and Notre Dame. Getting into SLO is definitely an achievement, don’t undermine yourself.