Rejected From UCSD with pretty good stats...what are my chances with the other UCs?

I was flat out rejected from UCSD, one of my top choices. Many, I mean many people I talked to said that with my stats, I should for sure get in, but I wasn’t even wait listed.

Weighted GPA (uncapped): 4.69
Weighted GPA (capped): 4.27
Unweighted GPA: 3.86
SAT: 1340 (new) 1940 (old)
Bunch of ECs, Varsity Vball for 4 years, decent essays
Including senior year, I have taken 9 APs
Using the UC calculator, I am in the top 9 % of California high school graduates, but I am not in the top 9% of my school since my school is super competitive.

After getting rejected from UCSD, which i thought I had a pretty good shot of getting into, I’m scared for my shot at other UCs like UCLA and Cal. I’m getting super nervous and anxious now. What are my chances with the other UCs?
P.S. I already got into UCR

Dude the same exact situation with me! Apparently they had a huge number of applicants. I wish you luck

You too! @guest_23

Hey, I got waitlisted from Davis and rejected from SD but I got accepted from Irvine and LA yesterday! Literally anything is possible. You never know with the UCs!

Did you get into UCLA or any other schools? My friend got rejected from UCSD, but accepted into UCLA! I’m not sure if this is a rumor or true, but I’ve heard sometimes that lower-tier schools will reject you because they know you got accepted into higher-tiered schools already. They don’t see the point in accepting you if you already got into a better school! This could just be a rumor though, but I’ve seen it happen a few times in my experience. I know kids who’ve gotten rejected from UCLA, but accepted into Stanford. I know kids who got rejected from Davis, but accepted into Berkeley.

Thanks! You’re giving me a little hope, but I’m scared cuz I haven’t heard back from UCI and got rejected from UCLA…
The only thing I’m happy about is that I got a scholarship to University of Washington…but other than that I’m really nervouse

@RetainerBaby