Rejected from UCSD

<p>Does this mean I’m not getting into LA or Berkeley? I’m feeling really worried now.</p>

<p>My stats are
2140 SAT. 2200 superscore.
4.18 W GPA, 3.45 UW GPA
ECs: 4 years of Track and Cross Country
Key Club, Red Cross, CSF, Math Club
Went on 2 student ambassador trips to Eastern Europe and Australia.
Asian male though I don’t think that matters for UCs.</p>

<p>Also if I don’t get into the other two, I’ve heard some of the other UC schools may ask to offer admission. Is this true?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>That looks to be a slight reach for Cal and LA. UCSD occasionally does reject students like that, although honestly a 3.45 UW GPA vs. a 4.18 W GPA does raise flags as to what your UC GPA is going to be. Merced and Riverside will actually offer admission to some people that were rejected from LA and Berkeley that otherwise had strong stats.</p>

<p>how did u find out already?</p>

<p>Log into myapplication.ucsd.edu, Arctic.</p>

<p>Let me begin by saying a big Thank you to all of the wonderful people here on CC. I am the father of a young lady trying to get into the UC system. My daugther has applied to USSB, UCI, UCSD, UCLA & UCB. SAT's are 620R, 600M and 680W, her act comp was 28, her GPA UW is a 3.7ish, weighted about a 4.1, she has 6 AP courses and many honors courses under her belt. Her EC's are excellent...Student Gov't President, President of local HIV awareness group, over 500 of Comm service, works 2 jobs,( one with a local HIV awareness group, where she speaks at local schools about the program, she spend time in Africa (Ghana) working with afs at an orpanage, numerous other activities and local awards. Dream for her is UCB, but that is a reach. She was rejected yesterday from UCSD and was very upset. My questions is do the UC school really look at someone with strong EC's & essays OOS, or she that hopeless? She been accepted to UMaryland & UWashington (both OOS) so right now UW is probably where she will end up. Do you thing she has a chance at any of the UC's she yet to here from. Thank you inadvance for any imput you guys can give. Any hope with this Holistic approach?</p>

<p>^She should get into UCI and UCSB, but UCLA and UCB might be a reach, considering that she got rejected from UCSD and is OOS. The UC's look at EC's but don't look at the essays for anything except for assigning points to EC's/activities. They don't look at it at how "good" of an essay it is.</p>

<p>What are the chances of getting into UCI and UCSB if one got rejected from UCD, UCSD, and UCSC?</p>

<p>I think it would be a reach if rejected from ucsc, but it also depends on your stats</p>

<p>I have a 3.4 GPA, however my SAT score is really low.</p>

<p>if most of your sats are above 500, there was a 81% chance to get in to ucsc, above 400 is 70%.
even below is 60%</p>

<p>from booklet for 08-09 that came with the elc packet</p>

<p>They were around 400 for each of them. I was rejected from UCSC. However, I had a GPA of around a 3.4 and I think I had great EC.</p>

<p>To kpclem,
It's too bad she didn't apply to UCD since all of her extra course work would have netted her 1000 points in their review system. She has a chance at UCI, but I think UCSB is a stretch. UCLA and UCB are reaches.</p>

<p>if you really want to go to a uc, you probably have a great chance for appeal at ucsc</p>

<p>I am still waiting for the decisions from UCI and UCSB.</p>