Rejected Transfer Application

I was accepted out of High school, but now rejected as a transfer? How is this possible

Well if your gpa is below 3.0, the chances are that it is very difficult to get in, especially if you applied to the college of engineering.

^^ More like 3.5. And in order for us to speculate as to why you could have been denied, we’d need more information. Perhaps you did not have enough credits. Or you didn’t take the right variety of classes (you need to take some STEM classes). Or as was stated already, your GPA may have been too low compared to the other applicants at the time. Your essays may have been not of high enough quality. Maybe your recommendations were not as great as you thought they were (if you submitted any).

Any number of possible combinations of my previous reasons, and those which I couldn’t think of.

Either way, don’t take it as a personal comment towards your own skills or abilities. There are a LOT of great students applying to UW. Work harder next semester (one can always work harder, despite what one says). Develop a relationship with one of your professors. From this you will get a much more personal, and probably a higher quality recommendation. Keep your chin up and keep on truckin.

OP stated they had a 2.8 GPA at Northwestern.

2.8 is not bad but still below 3 though

My apology. I didn’t see that.

Useful as a warning to others in the future. You need to get good grades at all colleges, no lower gpa’s accepted just because a college ranks highly. Your HS record was replaced by your college one and you did not do well enough…