Rejected with superstats

1. It’s expensive. Most kids are not getting fee waivers.
  2. It’s stressful if 5 extra schools require supplements. There is ZERO point doing supplements if you don’t put 100% effort into them. As a tutor who works with dozens of applicants every fall, I know just how much effort each supplement can take. A student can easily spend 3-4 hours on a 200 word supplement.
  3. It’s a waste of time to apply to colleges that a student has no intention of attending. Bragging rights are stupid, and I guarantee that the vast majority of students applying to 15+ schools are simply applying to anything in USNWR top 20.
  4. It does NOT improve the odds. It is not a betting game!
  5. Why does a student need to apply to many UC’s? I’m going to be blunt and say that none of the kids applying to 20 schools actually want to go to Merced or Riverside. And probably not Davis either. (I’m from CA and I can say that, haha.)
  6. It starts to looks bad for the high school when their students apply to a bunch of colleges they have no intention of attending.

And 7. They can only go to one school.

I’m sure there are many other reasons.

I had a look at the poll posted today. A lot of students have ten or more colleges to choose from. Ridiculous. DECISION DAY POLLS: Which school did you pick?

5 Likes