Rejected?!?!?!

<p>I cannot believe i just got rejected from UCD!
I had 3.8 GPA, 1780 on my SAT.
SAT 2: Korean: 780, Math 2c: 780, and American history 630.
I even interned at a pet hospital because i wanted to become a vetenerian. </p>

<p>Did they check our senior grade already? because i got 2Ds on my first semester, and i am retaking these classes at junior college right now, and i was thinking about sending the letters to UCs after i get my grade from JUCO. Does this mean i have no chance for other UC except Riverside and Merced?</p>

<p>There's still UCB/LA (probably reaches) and opportunities at SB/SD/I/M/R/SC.... right.. I highly doubt they found out about your 1st semester grades already...</p>

<p>I heard UCD is getting pretty competitive nowadays.. so don't be too dejected. It's not really "just" the agricultural and biosciences school it was like 20 years ago..</p>

<p>Same with other mid-tier UCs in competitiveness though.</p>

<p>Good luck on the rest of your addmissions.</p>

<p>Do you think i have chances at other school?</p>

<p>Canyon Country, LOL, I live in Valencia!</p>

<p>You definitely have chances at other schools!! Which ones did you apply to?</p>

<p>definitely have some shot at other school. admissions is a very imprecise business.</p>

<p>adriennevy: I hope your right. I applied to, UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, UCD, UCI, UCR, and UCSC. yeah.. accepted to ucriverside as my back up school.</p>

<p>That does seem odd, but clearly stats aren't the only thing they look for. Your application looks like it'll be a slight reach/reach for UCSD, and a reach for UCLA. I do think you have a good shot at Irvine and SB, though, since that nevertheless falls into their normal range. They wouldn't know about your grades from senior year, but you have to get that settled ASAP, since it isn't just about retaking them, its whether the school you matriculate to WILL accept you retaking them.</p>

<p>Do you think ethnicity played a huge role in decision? should i email/mail them when i get my grades from JUCO or should i email them to notify that i am retaking these courses at JUCO?</p>

<p>I got rejected too. I was surprised. </p>

<p>3.9 on GPA
5 AP classes
36 A-G courses
1750 on SAT1
710 and 640 on SAT2
132 hours of community service </p>

<p>Lot of extra curriculars. </p>

<p>Does this mean I'll be rejected from UCI? Please tell me it won't.</p>

<p>That really sucks guys! I agree that the UCs are getting a lot more competitive now, especially with the newest budget cuts. I think they are really becoming sticklers on the class rankings...</p>

<p>I really don't think ethnicity is playing a factor in this. It's easy to blame the hidden Affirmative Action, but keep into perspective that UCD has, indeed, been getting harder to get into these past few years. Also, what was your UC GPA? There might be a discrepancy that isn't accounted for in the one you posted. Finally, remember that this is probably only the beginning of a slew of decisions that are coming in. Just because Davis rejected you doesn't mean that Irvine will too. A guy from my high school graduated 3 years ago and got rejected from UCSD but accepted at LA, Berkeley, and is now attending Cornell. There's always going to be an anomaly, and whether or not that decision is one of those is only going to be fully known once you get all your decisions in.</p>

<p>saasaa they don't use class rank for UC's. It isn't even taken into consideration.</p>

<p>my UC gpa was 3.8 haha man... im really nervous now...</p>

<p>Collegemom16: Most campuses take rank into account: ELC.</p>

<p>Lol, I have the exact same SAT score and GPA as you; you have higher Subject Test scores though. Oh god, I am getting nervous now.</p>

<p>JokaA did you get accepted?</p>

<p>Nah, I didn't apply to Davis. I applied to SC, SB, SD, Berkeley, and LA.</p>

<p>Ohhhhh i wish you get accepted I applied to SC too so we'll see haha. waiting till the 15th!!</p>

<p>I got in today. UC GPA 3.83 Sat's 1500 Computer Sci. I already got into Cal Poly, UCSB, UCI, and im pretty sure im in UCSC, wating on UCLA.</p>

<p>You got into Santa Cruz? How'd you know? They're not out yet.</p>