Rejection at UCR = rejection everywhere else?

<p>Well, I just got rejected from UC Riverside. It’s early, but does this mean that I’m likely to be rejected from all the other UC’s?</p>

<p>You still have a shot at UCM.</p>

<p>maybe you were overqualified?</p>

<p>public schools are anal about that minimum GPA requirement. Personally I would call them up tomorrow and explain your case and see what you can do on appeal.</p>

<p>But ya, a rejection at UCR is not a very good start.</p>

<p>if i remember correctly, there was a cc member last year who was rejected at Riverside but accepted at Davis/Irvine.</p>

<p>Minimum GPA isn't a big stickler for Riverside. If you manage to get UC qualified in any other way, you're granted admissions. Don't count yourself out just yet. Remember that the reviewing process is very much human. Something you wrote on your application, or the activities you engaged in in high school simply might not have clicked with the admissions officer. Similarly, someone at UCI or UCD might be led to conclude that those attributes will be a positive addition to their schools. If you feel like your application was still reasonably strong in the first place, you shouldn't feel like it's the end. It's the end when you get your last decision handed and no time in between.</p>

<p>Are you sure you're guaranteed admissions on the sole basis of qualification? Last I heard there was one year that UC eligible students were denied admission to any campus.</p>

<p>who knows, one of the seniors last year from my school got accepted to UC Berkeley but rejected from other UC's (no, he applied more than LA and SD)</p>

<p>maybe he/she was overqualified?</p>

<p>nah i don't think so he was not one of top ten when top ten of last seniors were announced. It was my friend who told me about it. I kinda knew him too, and he actually is attending Berkeley right now. I don't know where else he applied to.</p>

<p>I don't think that over-qualification would be a viable reason for rejection...</p>

<p>What were your stats bobo1265?</p>

<p>That's really weird that he would be accepted into Berkley and rejected from lower tier schools. What's the story there?</p>

<p>^ maybe he only talked about how much he loves berkeley on his essay</p>

<p>Berkeley uses a holistic process. most of the others just use numbers.</p>

<p>^ that makes sense becuase the story didn't make much sense to me either</p>

<p>does UCR send out rejection letter? cause i didn't get anything from UCR while many of my friends got an email saying that they're accepted. i'm so worried :(</p>

<p>that happened to me, but usually they send out regent/highlander scholarship on feb 1. and admissions continue rolling until march. just wait it out, all my friends have gotten accepted and i still havent got anything. my stats are the same if not better than theres. just wait it out, because if you were rejected, they would also notify you.</p>

<p>bobo, i have a quick question. Did ucr send you a rejection letter VIA email and it also says on your UCR site account? or only email and your UCR site account hasnt changed?</p>

<p>I only got my rejection on the UCR site account. It says on the "Home" section. Same with my friends</p>

<p>do you mind copying and pasting what it says on your UCR account?</p>