Rejections/acceptance 2013

<p>So I got into majority of the cal states I applied to: Lb, sj, pomona & fullerton.
But I recently got rejected from UCD, UCSD and slo
a lot of people from my school got accepted to UCSD which makes me even more sad =(</p>

<p>Davis I dont really care about but UCSD and UCI are my top schools (or should i say WAS for ucsd ). Especially, UCI.
The acceptance rate of UCD is higher than UCI so does that mean I won’t get into it? :O</p>

<p>So who got accepted/rejected to what colleges? with what stats (not those detailed ones but just overall)</p>

<p>GPA: 3.97uw
SAT: 1560 (kinda on the low side)
My personal statements were good.
my ec activites are good (not like in super abundance but plenty enough)
I have a feeling that I didn’t execute them too well in the application though.</p>

<p>Different schools evaluate applicants different.ly It also depends on what major you’re aiming for, and whether it’s impacted or not. I’ve heard people who were rejected at both UCD and UCSD, but were accepted at UCB and UCLA. </p>

<p>Here are my stats, copied from the UCI decision thread:</p>

<p>Objective:

[ul]
[ ] SAT I (breakdown): 720 M, 640 W, 700 CR
[ ] ACT: 31
[ ] SAT II: 690 Math 2, 740 Lit
[ ] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.68
[ ] UC GPA: 4.02
[ ] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable):top 30%
[ ] ELC?: Nope.
[ ] AP (place score in parenthesis): None.
[ ] IB (place score in parenthesis): None.
[ ] Senior Year Course Load: Contemp Lit, Gov, Econ, Physics, Women’s Studies, Psychology, Calculus, Intercultural Studies, Intro to C++
[/ul]</p>

<p>Other

[ul]
[ ] Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes
[ ] Intended Major: Computer Science (all schools)
[ ] State (if domestic applicant): CA
[ ] Country (if international applicant): N/A
[ ] School Type: Public
[ ] Ethnicity: Taiwanese American
[ ] Gender: Female
[ ] Income Bracket: ~100,000
[ ] Hooks (URM, first generation college, research, etc.): N/A</p>

<p>[/ul]Reflection[ul]
[ ] Strengths: Essays, extracurricular activities
[ ] Weaknesses: GPA and SAT
[ ] Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Struggled with family issues at home, but had decent essays and ECs. Currently in an ED OP program, so that might make me kind of special?
[/ul]</p>

<p>I was accepted at:
UCI, UCD, UCSC, UCM, UCR</p>

<p>waitlisted at: UCSD</p>

<p>still waiting for: UCB, UCSB, UCLA, Stanford, Smith</p>

<p>Good luck to you! UCI still hasn’t released all the acceptances yet, so don’t give up hope.</p>

<p>Hard to compare with others since admissions are holistic (and based on major). </p>

<p>S’s gpa - 3.9 UW
SAT - 1780</p>

<p>Accepted’s CSU’s - SF State, Pomona, CalPoly (will attend) - all chem majors
Accepted UC’s - Santa Cruz (chem), Irvine (chem engineering)
Wait listed UC’s - Davis (chem engineering)
Rejected UC’s - San Diego
waiting - UCSB, UCB, </p>

<p>also accept to a private w/$$. </p>

<p>It’s been a crap shoot at his school. Close friends (high academic, engineering majors), all were accepted to CalPoly, however only one was accepted to a UC (Davis). The rest were rejected/waitlisted.</p>

<p>Accepted csu’s: Sac, SF state, Northridge, and Chico.
Accepted UC’s: UCSB and UCI
Waiting for: UCLA, UCB, and USC </p>

<p>SAT: 1590
ACT: 24
3.85 UW
3.88 UC GPA </p>

<p>Good luck! :D</p>

<p>My major is computer science…So does UCI send out letters major wise? Which I think is impacted at uci. I’m not sure though</p>

<p>whats your major @CuriousJDG9513?
coz our stats are pretty much the same (so that gives me hope)
i got a 24 on the ACT as well.
were you personal statements really good?</p>

<p>How do you know you’re accepted already to UCSB? I thought UCSB decisions come out Tuesday (3/19). Did you mean UCSD?</p>

<p>My major is public health sciences. My essays were pretty decent, nothing to make people cry or anything. lol I was I invited to the UCSB Chancellor Reception and they told all the students who were there that we were admitted. :)</p>