Reliable information for students who are waitlisted or denied to all UCs applied to

<p>My DS has been rejected (UCD) and waitlisted (UCSD). UCLA has not released yet (but is clearly very competitive). </p>

<p>First - is there RELIABLE information on waitlist acceptances for UCSD? UCSD did not post accurate information on its 2012-2013 common data set because it stated that it did not waitlist, but it has since 2010. (This makes me mad, as a California taxpayer - they should just publish the correct information.)</p>

<p>Second - if you are waitlisted/denied at all UCs applied to, how quickly do you hear if you will be offered admissions at an alternate UC is you are “guaranteed admission” (i.e. ELC or top 9% state)?</p>

<p>A UC counselor who came to my son’s high school last October said that this year (2013) UC Merced would be the only "alternate " campus accepting ELC students not accepted at any other UC.</p>

<p>Sorry - I mean to add that the letters must go out in April, because I remember some of the seniors showing them to me last year, who choose to go to Riverside.</p>

<p>Various threads show scattered reports of people being offered admission to UCs they didn’t apply to (in the recent past)…that would be cool. I’m sure my son regrets not applying to a couple more, but I didn’t want to spend the money, and honestly thought he would get SD or Davis.</p>