Report from Ttown

<p>Sitting outside the Ferg enjoying the weather & people watching. Just left the Capstone where I just met Kirk Herbstreit in the elevator. Room is pretty renovated, looks good. Way better than the room I had when I was “stuck” in T-Town during hurricane Sandy. Pool was a little cold but refreshing. Had what is now my favorite barbeque at Saws in B’ham today.</p>

<p>Hopefully meeting H in Mobile in the am & heading to Orange beach for 2 days of R&R if the weather cooperates. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Safe travels, ld.</p>

<p>My son is flying from Minnesota to Birmingham tomorrow. It is snowing in Minnesota, and bad weather threatens in Alabama.</p>

<p>Got the rosaries at the ready, and asking everyone to keep him in your prayers for safe travels tomorrow.</p>

<p>Safe travels for both! Tomorrow is suppose to be a rough and wild weather day! UA sent students a weather advisory:</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Will do Montegut! Add my DD to those travel prayers. She is flying from B’ham to DC tomorrow morning for a leadership weekend for her summer job. This momma will be watching the weather closely tomorrow!</p>

<p>Same system that just rolled thru here in Dallas over night. It was upper 70’s yesterday and had the convertible top down. Woke up to the 30’s, hail, heavy wind, rain, lightening and thunder. Temp stayed about low 40’s all day, ICK! Overcast and FREEZING! ICK! ICK! ICK! It wasn’t this cold in March for Spring Break in Park City. Skied in temps in the upper 60’s to low 70’s, ICK snow though. We have a freeze warning for tonight :frowning: </p>

<p>Prayers that the weather that came thru here is all that Bama will get and no tornadoes! Hope it settles down and T-Town does not get the freezing temps and no horrible weather and all stays safe.</p>

<p>Someone needs to give Mother Nature her meds! Her Bipolar is showing something awful this season.</p>

<p>We have family in St.Louis…they are getting bad storms right now. Lambert airport has closed temporarily and the people there have been instructed to take cover in a safe place. DD is already nervous for tomorrow. Living through April 27th has taken it’s toll Rolltide90…stay safe and any others! Here in KC it is 40 degrees with possible snow flurries tomorrow. DH is in Tucson…too bad for him!!! I agree …Mother Nature has a multiple personality disorder!!!</p>

<p>Thank you for the prayers, Peachtide. Will be praying for your D and all the other kids as well.</p>

<p>Son’s ride from the Birmingham airport to campus and I will be in constant contact.</p>

<p>Son’s flights tomorrow all seem to be in bad weather areas.</p>

<p>We’re packing overnight bags in case we have to fly him home and drive him back to Tuscaloosa tomorrow or over the weekend, depending on what kind of weather Alabama gets tomorrow.</p>

<p>Our driver said he heard they’re expecting same type of tornado action as two years ago, last he heard on the news.</p>

<p>Make sure your kids stay safe and know where to go in case of a tornado.</p>

<p>Prayers for everyone and safe travels to all.</p>

<p>Watching B’ham news. They are expecting heavy rain & heavy winds not a tornado outbreak. Not ruling out an isolated tornado. Timing now is 11 am - 11 PM. Stay safe everyone & Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Safe travels for all!</p>

<p>ldinct…you got to meet Herbie! I love him. What’s he doing in Ttown. I am so bummed. I just left Ttown today. :(</p>

<p>He was interviewing AJ then apparently heading by bus to LSU. I was chatting with him in the elevator and then I said oh you’re Kirk Herbstreit. He was very nice. I love him on Game Day.</p>

<p>Herbie is soooo cute! :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the thoughts, “Mommy”! We survived the worst of it last night with no serious issues. I am told there was a verified twister in Wildwood, but I haven’t seen a damage report yet.</p>

<p>I am just hoping that all of our loved ones are safe in the greater T-Town area today. I have already told the boy to report in here and there.</p>

<p>Pretty noisy storm in Houston last night.</p>

<p>I had to sleep spooning my terrified 80# poodle Boomer (who is STILL BITTER at DD’s BAMA decision.). The larger poodle, Norman, slept through the storm, and has resigned himself to her betrayal…</p>

<p>Re. St. Louis: Hazelwood in N. County, was hit pretty hard (flattened homes, buildings), and more damage in Florissant and Ferguson. Various places in West Co. and Sullivan hit. I’m in S. City and there’s damage (missing roofs and trees down) about 5 blocks from my home, but they haven’t officially confirmed official “tornado” activity yet. Something definitely was skipping around and causing spotty damage in central corridor – weird that it would just be straight line winds …</p>

<p>I am West County outside of STL. A tornado was reported in our little town, Wildwood, last night. No damage, but lots of trees down. My hubby works in Hazelwood and is not sure what he is driving into today. One school in the Parkway School District also received extensive damage. Advised dd to hunker down today and stay close to her dorm. I saw in the Tuscaloosa newspaper that the Tuscaloosa County schools are closing early today due to weather.</p>

<p>Tuscaloosa City schools are closing early today.</p>

<p>bamagirls…I saw that they were closing early…probably a good idea. DD is doing her hospital rotations so she is at DCH all day. She said this morning that she was glad she was there…it made her feel safer. Her boyfriends parents live in Muscle Shoals. we have been chatting all morning. Fingers crossed that all of the precautions will put a hex on any bad weather to come.<br>
I feel for our St. Louis families. Our relatives did not receive any damage thankfully. Lots of prayers for all those who have been affected or will be affected by Mother Nature’s wrath! Here is KC we have had a few snow flurries!!!</p>

<p>Please, everyone, keep us posted how things are in Tuscaloosa. Son is stranded in Minneapolis and trying to get some kind of connecting flight to get to Birmingham. I’ll need to know if I need to divert him home to NOLA if he won’t be able to get from BHM airport to campus. Things aren’t good here in NOLA, though, so he’s kind of like deciding between the frying pan and into the fire. He doesn’t want to miss any more class and is anxious to get back to campus for tomorrow, so I’m trying very hard to get him back to Tuscaloosa, even if he has to crisscross the country twice to get there. Yep, it’s almost that bad!</p>

<p>Well, I’m safely 500 miles away and so far haven’t had any severe weather nearby, so all I know is what I’m watching on Facebook, weather blogs, and weather radar sites:</p>

<p>This is from Jame’s Spann’s weather blog:</p>

<p>A dangerous tornado is moving into Pickens County in West Alabama at this time. </p>

<p>it is just north of Pickensville. </p>

<p>There are confirmed injuries and a fatality already. </p>

<p>Damage is heavy. </p>

<p>Spotters reports it is a large and violent tornado. </p>

<p>Pickens County is immediately to the west of Tuscaloosa county although the tornado seems to be headed NE and doesn’t seem likely to impact Tuscaloosa, but the weather definitely does not look to be improving over the next couple hours.</p>

<p>The tornado warning is supposed to be over for Tuscaloosa at 7PM CST. Is there an evening flight he could take once the worst of the weather passes?</p>

<p>My brother is in Jackson, MS and reports only rain and wind - no damage. Let’s hope for the same when it reaches Ttown.</p>

<p>Keeping everyone in our thoughts and prayers, especially those travelling.</p>