Report from Ttown

<p>For those OOS who don’t know and for those who will be at UA in the future you need to know about JAMES SPANN. He is the weather expert in the South. I don’t even know if the word expert is a strong enough recommendation.</p>

<p>He is amazing and very accurately predicts the weather and tracks these storms. If you listen, watch or get his updates and follow his advice you will feel so much better about this crazy weather. </p>

<p>He Tweets, he has a Facebook page and he broadcasts live during severe events like this one. I truly feel better watching his live blog, because I know what is going on.</p>

<p>Just some friendly words of advice…</p>

<p>Anyone know what time it’s supposed to clear out?</p>

<p>Just watched live stream of James Spann on abc3340. Tornadoes touched down near the MS state line, but that warning is now ending, storm line is moving north and missing Tuscaloosa. Tornado watch remains for the rest of the afternoon, severe weather still likely.</p>

<p>Montegut, if he were arriving in B’ham after 7 then he would probably be ok. I think the tornado watch is until 7 for B’ham. However, they have been known to extend them as well. You might check the hour-by-hour forecast for B’ham on the Weather Channel and decide from there. Good Luck getting him home.</p>

<p>My DD has arrived safely in DC and although she is worried about the weather in Tuscaloosa, she was thrilled to find out that her 2:00 class was cancelled!</p>

<p>Thanks for the update Chardo!</p>

<p>I love James Spann. I follow him on FB, and find out about many things from him before any other news outlet. Not just weather related. He seems to be a genuinely good guy that really cares about his community, and is a good weather man.</p>

<p>Peachtide, so glad your daughter arrived safely. I hope she enjoys the cherry blossoms while she’s up there!</p>

<p>I would love to follow James Spann live. Can anyone provide me instructions how I can watch him over my computer, if that’s possible?</p>

<p>Son is in the air, and we just have to watch if he makes connections or not as to where he goes next.</p>

<p>[Home</a> - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports](<a href=“http://www.abc3340.com/]Home”>http://www.abc3340.com/)</p>

<p>James Spann also gives great updates on FB if you like his page.</p>

<p>Montegut, glad your son got on a flight. Let us know when he gets to Alabama safely.</p>

<p>Peach, hope you guys do well. Heard the weather will be heading to you next.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your prayers. Will keep y’all posted. </p>

<p>Got my overnight bag packed in case I have to drive him from Nola to Tuscaloosa tomorrow morning.</p>

<p>Thanks for the weather link, Peachtide! It’s so much better than the forecast I was watching.</p>

<p>Son is safely landed in Birmingham and is on his way back to campus.</p>

<p>Thank you my prayer warriors. You guys have been awesome.</p>

<p>Son not only did not miss his connection, but he actually got back on his same plane that he boarded across the country to return to Alabama. No gate change, just got up to stretch his legs and present his second boarding pass.</p>

<p>What a great experience and what great preparation for the real world!</p>

<p>Yea Montegut!! Hope his trip was better than the trip home!</p>

<p>So good to hear, Montegut! So glad he is home safe!</p>

<p>Glad he’s home safely Montegut!</p>

<p>Had your son in my prayers today, Montegut. Thank you for the update and relieved to hear of the wonderful outcome.</p>