Reporting a D/F to UC

Hello, I am currently a senior in high school and in the second semester of the school year. I recently received my report card and due to unfortunate circumstances, I received a D in one of my AP classes and was wondering what I have to do at this point. I have already tried talking to my teacher before grades were due last semester, but I couldn’t do much or anything to bring my grade up to a C. It is my fault for getting myself into a position like this right before college admissions come out, but I would like some more information on how to report the failing grade to admissions before it’s too late.

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/q-and-a/selection/#5

Prior to admission: the student must immediately write to the UC Application center at ucinfo@applyUCsupport.net. The correspondence will be made available to all campuses to which the student applied.

If I write an email and submit it to the application center, what info am I required to provide to them? I had seen the list of things previously before, but I cannot seem to find them at this time. I would also like to know if it’s required for me to report the failing grade to all of the UC’s portal that I applied to and explain the reason for my failing grade and write an email to admissions or if just writing an email to the application center is enough.

Thank you for your help.

Your correspondence must include your name, UC Application ID number and your signature (if you mail a letter), and will be available to all the campuses to which you applied.

If you receive an offer of admission, be sure to confirm with the campus admission office that they are aware of the deficient grade or schedule changes. Although you must notify the campus of these changes, we cannot guarantee that a campus can go back to review an application after correspondence has been received. Make sure to save a copy of your correspondence just in case.

Email: docs@applyUCsupport.net

Postal mail:

UC Application Center
P.O. Box 1432
Bakersfield, CA 93302

@Gumbymom
Hello, thank you for the response. I definitely appreciate the help.

Once I have sent the correspondence to the application center informing them of my failing grade, is it necessary for me to update the grades for my individual portals for each of the UCs that I have applied to, or will just emailing them a correspondence be enough?

If the portals allow you to input your Fall grades, then I would submit them so that the UC’s are aware of the deficiency.

As stated in the above post, just make sure you keep all correspondence.