Reputation without Rigor

<p>Interesting.</p>

<p>News:</a> Reputation Without Rigor - Inside Higher Ed</p>

<p>USN&WR’s rankings are subjective. So what? If you are not sophisticated enough to know that, then you deserve to make a poor choice. </p>

<p>What is your point here?</p>

<p>Only that UW’s approach to filling out the form was, as I said, interesting.</p>

<p>Its point is that it’s hungry. </p>

<p>Come on guys. No feeding the ■■■■■■.</p>

<p>I did not agree with Brower’s approach but I do think it was more a protest than any attempt to game the system. Anyway changes have been made and he no longer is involved in completing the ranking form.</p>

<p>[Ranking</a> rancor](<a href=“http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/education/university/article_94c84a58-f8c6-53d3-a9db-598eebe961ea.html]Ranking”>http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/education/university/article_94c84a58-f8c6-53d3-a9db-598eebe961ea.html)</p>

<p>Yawn. Isolated incidents have no effect on those in this forum and vice versa. What is actually interesting is that you spend your spare time finding ways to nitpick at various negative aspects of a great school. Congrats.</p>

<p>Mildly interesting. In August of 2009.</p>

<p>Right, this is old news - it was already discussed last year.</p>

<p>Thanks, Barrons. I don’t think brower was attempting to game the system either. But rating his school and the school his son attends as the very best and every other school in the country as merely adequate says something about UW’s attitudes.</p>

<p>It says something about one person who works at UW’s attitude. Given that it (the form completion) was taken to another office his attitude was a minority of one attitude. Unless it’s Biddy Martin, no one person can speak for UW-Madison.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That is a rude accusation. In that article, there were several universities accused of dismissing the forms and not diligently completing them. Brower is one employee at a very large school, his actions don’t reflect UW. All in all, it’s a very small issue, but I suppose that doesn’t completely excuse him.</p>

<p>This would be like calling UVA employees, alumni, and students neurotic, obsessed, and troubling just because you’re associated with the school, nova.</p>