Requesting financial aid document = not rejected?

Hi all,
While I understand that the request for financial aid documentation in late February or early March is not a guarantee of acceptance, I am curious whether it might indicate some likelihood of acceptance, or at the very least, not rejection. Though I recognize that need-blind schools have separate admission and financial aid processes, I doubt a college would request financial documents from 95% of applicants who ultimately get rejected. Can you shed any light on this based on past experience?

The plural of anecdote is not data and correlation does not imply causation.

4 Likes

Wish I could say thats the case but mine was asked for documents and eventually was waitlisted. I don’t think Admissions and Financial Aid offices communicate but thats just my experience. I agree, seems silly to request these documents if the student isn’t going to be accepted.

1 Like

The FA office isn’t connected to the admissions office. I believe it’s standard practice to ask for FA information, but it’s possible that the FA office won’t ask for information for applicants who have already been rejected. I doubt this is a sign of certain acceptance.

1 Like