Requesting In-State Tuition

@AGmomx2 Thanks for all your advice!

@Beaudreau That’s good to hearer son is enjoying A&M. My ACT score was 33. My GPA (weighted) is 4.2. I will have completed 7 AP classes after this year (4’s and 5’s on the exams). For other accomplishments, I suppose I started a successful club at my school my sophomore year, and I’ve done a fair amount of volunteering. Let me know if you want to know anything else

@Cam35S did you keep calling your department? I called and they told me they didn’t have anymore department scholarships.

@Cam35S congrats. I hadn’t checked this discussion in awhile, but that’s awesome news. I decided to join the Corps so I to will be attending next fall!

you can always apply for membership into the Corps of Cadets and contact their office. You have an outstanding chance of getting one on their scholarships which would get you the in state tuition that you are looking for. Should you go this route, your major department will see you and probably give you a merit scholarship for year 2 and more…

Merit scholarships are not given just based on corps membership by an OOS student - not sure where you saw/heard of that. The Corps Scholarships are eligible for tuition waivers, but you have to join the corps & remain a member to continue to be eligible their scholarships. Keep in mind the Corps is a 24/7 commitment, it isn’t a ROTC class.