Res Halls

<p>Which dorms are the most fun for freshman? I don't think I'm interested in any of the learning communities. I want to live in the kind of hall where people leave their doors open and are friends with each other, if that makes sense. Any advice or just generalizations/stereotypes about any of the dorms is welcome. </p>

<p>I think if you use the search function, there was a thread about this last year. I cant remember for sure. But I would recommend a learning community to just about anyone. I’m a prospective transfer student to UW, currently I’m in a learning community at my current school. The people in my community are all some of my closest friends. We are all very social and all have friends outside of the learning community. It’s just easier for getting people together when going out and stuff. You always have friends around you can do stuff with. Good luck!</p>

<p>ALL dorms available to freshmen will be at least 50% freshmen. To figure what is the most fun you have to define fun. The answer varies depending on which person you talk to. There are many diverse atmospheres because there are many diverse students. What is best for someone else may not match your personal preferences. ALL dorms have social people. Plus, you will meet likeminded people in your classes and activities as well as on your floor and in your food service areas. Probably the most major decision is the ambience of the lakeshore or southeast. Do you de-stress with the lake and trees or does the energy of city areas make a difference to you? My best college friends (same major) preferred different areas of campus. There is no one, correct answer. College is not like HS with cliques et al. Do not worry at all about what the majority thinks- you are your own person. Every dorm floor is likely to have many being social. You need to want the particular learning community’s focus to enjoy it. Some are just too independent to want that. Two sides to every issue.</p>

<p>If you’re looking for party dorms, Sellery and Witte are the two main ones. Or Ogg (but they have a higher percentage of upperclassmen) but they’re all in Southeast</p>