Research and publication summer program - Quest, iresearch

Highschool sophomore aspiring for medicine and looking to do some good research and potentially publish a research paper. I got selected into Quest SRI, a non profit that runs summer research research professors on selective topics. I believe it is selective as I had few interview rounds and the fee is only processing admin fee couple hundreds. It is a group project and I was placed in the cancer related topic I was looking for. However am not sure if I will have opportunity to publish in any established journal through this program. Do any of you have experience or visibility please suggest

I also got admitted into irsearch institute. Not sure how selective this one is, but both programs are virtual. With iresearch it has a fee of a few thousands and the website seems to talk much about science fair (placing in which could be wonderful). However am not sure if irsearch lets you publish a paper on your own or comes with the institute tag on it. Am also not sure if they publish in any established journals.

Any folks here with experience, can you guide pls. I am likely unable to do both and having hard time chosing which one or will any of these get close to publishing a research.

On another note if neither of these do, what is the better option at this point to pursue and publish research paper, please suggest. Thank you

The odds of this program producing a result that can be published in a reputable journal is about the same as going into orbit in Space Camp.

That doesn’t mean this isn’t (or is) a good program, but you need to have realistic expectations.

If they are promising publkication, that raises a bunch of red flags.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your time. Please kindly advise, how the iresearch institute summer program worked out to be, and how that program helped the student for any next steps. What are your experiences or pros or cons? This is my first time on a research and looking for guidance.