Residence Hall Linens

<p>I am an international students and I am going to be a freshmen who lives in the dorm this fall. I've got the letters from them, and they look pretty good. I got some mixed review about these products, but most of them are already old (like 2008 or sth), Is it worth getting or not? Will I get a cheaper and better one when I buy linens on arrival? </p>

<p>Likely just as easy to buy locally. You may want to order online to pick up at a local store when you arrive to be sure they haven’t run out. Target, <em>Kohls, *</em>JC Penneys, Bed Bath and Beyond are some stores to check prices. Check with the International Students organization of UW (see UW website for link) for their advice. You need to check on best ways to get to stores as well. I’ll bet thre will rides you can get- ask the student organization. * my favorites.</p>

<p>You will need an extra long twin sheet set (1 top sheet, 1 bottom sheet, 1 pillowcase). There are different materials and “thread counts” et al. You can learn a lot online. You will need a pillow- those are always available and come in soft to extra firm. You will want a mattress pad to cover the plastic/vinyl mattress surface as well. Any regular length blanket for warm weather and comforter for cold weather are also readily available. For a comforter I recommend a synthetic fiberfill instead of down- easily washable. There are many colors and brands to choose from. Penneys is the best place to start your online search to know what is available. Summer is when all of the stores have their back to school/college sales. Of course they will recommend many things you may not actually want/use. </p>

<p>Regarding the linens you have received info from- all I know is what others said. </p>

<p>DON’T DO IT! We bought the package and upgraded to the 300 thread count sheets and they are awful. The sheets and the comforter had a heavy chemical smell. The pillows are of poor quality. Carnival toys have better stuffing! Right now I am fighting to return the package. They might be guaranteed for 4 years, but that is only because you will still be arguing with their customer service department that long. . </p>

<p>@froshmom14,
First of all, I apologize for any inconvenience you had with OCM. I’m sorry you are dissatisfied with our products and service. I would like to discuss this with your personally; could you PM me with your contact information? I look forward to speaking with you!</p>

<p>Sincerely,
Josh Baer
Customer Service Manager, OCM</p>