Residence Hall Linens

<p>I'm sure you've all gotten letters from Residence Hall Linens. It seems pretty good, but then again I could be wrong. Is it worth getting or not?</p>

<p>Honestly, even though I haven't personally gotten their products, I don't think so. I got the letter and threw it in the trash. From reading people's opinions and jazz like that, the general consensus is to avoid them because the thread counts are so low and consequently, the quality of the products is horrible. There's some threads in the <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-life/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-life/&lt;/a> forum (search RHL) about them as well if you want more info, and there are reviews about them floating around on the Internet. Then again, I'm always wary of mail solicitations, and usually don't order from them. =P</p>

<p>I think we're all much better off going to a store or trusted online site to order our linens for college. ;D It isn't that hard to find sheets to fit your bed, and I like the physicalness of choosing my bedding.</p>

<p>Who knows, though. Maybe someone here had a good experience with them and will share. They don't get my vote, though.</p>

<p>JC Penneys has good XL twin sheets (you only need a regular twin comforter/blanket) at a good price. Get a real mattress pad, the ones Res Halls provides are a thin pad- worthless. My experience as mother doing the shopping for son was that Penneys ran out of navy sheets (even online- catalog) for a while, but had them again in time for school, I wonder what percentage of males chooses this color? Hint- wash dark colored sheets et al a few times at home, and especially new red gear, so you don't have to worry about sorting or ruining other stuff. Look for nonwrinkle sheets, all cotton will wrinkle terribly unless stated otherwise, a bit of polyester helps. A lot of stores will have sales on XL sheets, check the fiber content and thread counts.</p>

<p>i have one problem. I'm an international student, but from all the forums i've read, ordering bed sheets from RHL is a big mistake. I guess I should just arrive at Madison a few days before my orientation which is on the 24th of august and have a look around for bed sheets and comfortors.</p>

<p>You know what you can do? Stores like Linens 'n Things, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Jcpenney, might allow you to pick orders up in one of their stores around Madison. You might have to call them, but maybe you can arrange it so you can order online, or call and tell them the items that you want, and ask for them to hold the order until August 24th in a store in Madison so that you can pick them up for your dorm. =] Do you have any stores in your area like those? Going in store and doing might be a lot easier, but it's always worth it to see what they can do for you. </p>

<p>If you wait until August 24th to purchase your bedding in store, chances are that you're going to have a really hard time finding something you <i>like</i>, and maybe something that'll fit your bed. Try and see if there's a way to do it before hand.</p>

<p>And obviously there are other stores; those are just the ones that came to mind first. =P</p>

<p>I realize this answer is to an old post, but hopefully others will learn from our mistake. The RHL products are inferior, cheaply made and pricey for what they are. The sheets are OK- nothing special- but the ‘comforter’ and towels are not good products. The comforter is too light weight to keep anyone warm and the towels are very thin. You would do much better to go to the local Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc and get all you need (including XL sheets) there. Yeesh!</p>

<p>Local Madison stores would include Penneys, Sears, Younkers, Kohls, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and Walmart. As a student you can get a free Madison bus pass to get to the stores/malls. By now everyone has arrived, but you can get to those stores for the things you don’t already have. Ask at your dorm desk for directions- in the past they had sheets with locations and directions from campus.</p>

<p>Not to mention Costco which seels high quality sheets and towels for good prices all the time.</p>

<p>Not aware of any Costco in Madison.</p>

<p>Costco is in Middleton - not too distant from Madison’s far west side.</p>

<p>Yes, it’s out in all the new development in Middleton. Been there a few years now.</p>

<p>Having a son that hates to shop, we bought everything from Residence Hall Linens. It was too good to be true. The huge box came to the house which then had to be sent to the school if we had kept it. The quality was terrible. Returning it due to poor quality is easy, they will accept it back, but you have to pay the shipping and the cost was outrageous. They prefer UPS or FedEx as it must have a tracking number and be insured. UPS is $69 before insurance to ship back from California! Unless you are positive you or your child will love it, I would avoid RHA.</p>

<p>Ok- now I feel bad. I talked with a supervisor at RHL and they completely helped me with my return.</p>

<p>I am sorry we ordered from RHL. This is my first going to college. Since I am in chemo right now seemed like a good way for us to shop together while saving energy. First time I was ever taxed online for a store that did not have a store in my state.Second, there was a delay in shipment I had to call to find this out. Third when it arrived was not a matched set. Went back online no longer had what we ordered in stock. When I called again they said they never had what we ordered. I know what the original looked like because we had shown it to friends and family while it still showed online. Didn’t think about BBB online before but would do that instead. At least you can easily bring back to that store.
This isn’t the worst thing in the world but when I pay good money I expect what I order and better customer service. Ended up being a frustrating transaction.</p>

<p>Great concept, but if you are thinking about this…save the frustration and go purchase elsewhere!!! I’d rather have run around to 5 different stores with my teen daughter than to do business with this company again. Original order date was 8/2/11. Today is 9/9 and I canceled the order:</p>

<p>My experience absolutely ditto’s that of “rhafruzzetti”!!! After not receiving the initial order when I expected it, I had to call customer service and that is when they notified me it had been back ordered and was being released (coincidentally) that day. It was already too late, as my daughter had to leave for school. So I had to wait for the package to arrive and then refused it but since my daughter still wanted it, I called Customer Service again to have a new order sent directly to the school. After 2 weeks I had to call CS AGAIN because it still was not delivered. Coincidentally, they were releasing the order that day (sound familiar?). Then a week later I had to call again. 'Unfortunately ma’am, for some reason it was not shipped. We’ll send that out immediately today EXPRESS shipping. She’ll have it Monday." Today I get a message they wanted to “verify the shipping address”. Madder than hell, as I once again called customer service, they apologized 'this has never happened before, but for some reason we do not have the complete order. That’s when I blew and I canceled!!! But wait…then they said 'that was $100 right???" The original order was $200…‘oh yeah, I see that’. Nice try.</p>

<p>REALLY? I don’t think they see anything. I think they wing it as they go. Now, I have to wait for the refund to hit my account (wonder how long I’ll have to wait for THAT?) and send my daughter the money so she can go get herself a comforter, sheets and towels. She’s only been in sleeping bag at school for a month!!! </p>

<p>Good luck on your order!</p>

<p>Just got my order"student starter pak". total disappointment! made in China or Pakistan or India…nothing made in America, as was advertised in the flyer/order sheet. extremeley poor quality. Should have suspected something when they tried to “bait and switch” for more expensive items when I placed order via phone. Now I have to spend money to return. wish I had read postings of negative comments before I ordered. Placed too much confidence in the association with Associated Students of the University of California who had send out the flyer to incoming students.</p>

<p>I cannot believe this company is still in business! The threads on the sheets fell apart on first wash. I could see through the towels, the fiber in the comforter curled up after first wash and the pillows felt like they were stuffed with styrofoam! The ONLY thing that was good was the bath slippers! What a complete waste of money, time and energy! I had to buy EVERYTHING all over again and at the last minute! Great concept but exceptionally POOR QUALITY OVERALL!!! Very disappointed!!</p>

<p>Save your money- customer service and quality are lacking. Have not had a good experience with them. Wish I had gone to Bed, Bath & Beyond for better service and quality, </p>