Residence Halls- single room?

<p>Hi, I was accepted in to Madison and I was wondering if anyone could help me on ordering my residence hall preferences. I have committed to the University Residence Halls and I don't know if I should place the International Learning Community (ILC) or Chadbourne Residential College (CRC) at the top of my list. I am interested in a fairly quiet dorm, where making friends will be easy, however I'll be able to fall asleep at night. I am interested in the programs in both Chadbourne and the ILC, however I am not sure if I like how most rooms in the ILC are single rooms. Is it a blessing that I wont have to put up with a roommate that I may not like? Would I be missing out on an important college experience? Is it easy to make friends in a single-person dorm like the ILC? Any insights in to this would be greatly appreciated.
jb</p>

<p>I’d go with blessing. Just leave your door open so people know you want them to stop in.</p>

<p>Your chances of a single room are practically nil with a regular dorm choice. The learning colleges will place you with other students socially, no worries. The ILC demands a love of the language/culture chosen and will be a close knit community. No worries about social isolation.</p>