Residence Halls

<p>Hi i will be a freshman next year, and i am mostly likely going to be studying in Finance. But im wondering if i should try to get housed in Friedman hall my freshman year since it is for business majors? Or is there any dorms or residence communities that are all or mostly freshman? Also how hard is it to get housing in your choices? </p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>I don’t know that much about Friedman, so I can’t speak to that one.</p>

<p>Burke seems nice, but it may not be as close to the B-school bldgs as Friedman (don’t know where Friedman is).</p>

<p>That said, if you’ll be taking a lot of Gen ed/Core classes your first year, then being by the B-school bldgs may not be that important. </p>

<p>Are you coming in with many AP credits? If not, then you’ll be taking classes around the Quad.</p>

<p>i dont have any ap credit. friedman hall is across the street from the b school. also where do i find pricing on the halls?</p>

<p>Hi Jets Fan!</p>

<p>Friedman is right across the street from the business buildings, so many of our business students choose to live there (just the other street down from the west side of the Quad where Bidgood and Bruno are). There’s a Faculty in Residence as well to help connect the academic and living experiences.</p>

<p>Our rates for this academic year can be found at:
<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/pdfs/2011-2012_Residence_Hall_Rates.pdf[/url]”>http://housing.ua.edu/pdfs/2011-2012_Residence_Hall_Rates.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>We have not announced what the rates will be for next year, but this will give you an idea. Friedman is considered a double occupancy room.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p>To answer your question about freshmen, all of our buildings have some freshmen, but many of them have majority freshmen.</p>

<p>Ok what halls are double occupancy?</p>

<p>bump…</p>

<p>I tried to cut and paste here from the housing web site, others will help I’m sure :)</p>

<p>The Bluff Apartments (suites?)
Bryant (suites I think?)
Bryce Lawn (?)</p>

<p>Burke East and West
Co-ed | South Campus</p>

<p>Friedman
Co-ed | Commerce & Business Administration</p>

<p>Harris
Co-ed | Capstone CIS, HES & Nursing Communities</p>

<p>Parham
Female | South Campus</p>

<p>Paty
Male | North Campus</p>

<p>Suites-newer dorms
Ridgecrest East (non-honors) and West (Honors)
Ridgecrest South -N tower (honors) S tower (non-honors)
Riverside North, East and West (honors and non-honors sections ?)</p>

<p>Rose Towers (scheduled to be demolished summer 2012)</p>

<p>Somerville
Female | North Campus</p>

<p>Tutwiler
Female | South Campus</p>

<p>North Bluff /New construction (suites) Non honors</p>

<p>So to answer your question…Burke, Freidman, Harris, Parham, Paty, Somerville and Tutwiler are double occupancy (I think)</p>