Residence Halls

<p>I want to be on the lake shore. Are you able to put the beds up on top and then have your desk underneath at all the halls?
If only certain ones do, what are they?</p>

<p>Read the Res Halls website and check for lofting information for each dorm you are interested in- click on a right sidebar. There are several configurations possible and vary by dorm.</p>

<p>I live in Lakeshore, and as far as I know you can loft beds in any of the dorms. I live in Bradley, and we probably have the smallest rooms out of all the Lakeshore dorms - but my roommate and I still have our beds lofted with our desks underneath. I don’t think it should be a problem. :)</p>

<p>My son in interested in the Chadbourne learning community. He plans to put Chad and Barnard at the top of his list. He wants a single room, so I guess Barnard should be his number one request. </p>

<p>I have seen previous posts mention that Barnard is not a popular choice. Why? I know that it is the oldest dorm on campus, but is it really that bad?</p>

<p>Barnard is not bad- beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally like new, modern styles while my friends liked old. The same reason some choose century old mansions with character while others prefer new houses. Go for the dorm liked best regardless of its popularity. Res Halls maintains and updates all equally as time passes.</p>