Residence Selection?

Anybody know important dates and times for selecting dorms? Apparently the first selection date is tomorrow. This entire process has been confusing to me because of little communication from ResLife. Is it first come, first serve?

@BluePinkerton

I don’t know how helpful this will be for you but it is what I have copied into my notes for housing this year. The process is all new this year from years past, so it is impossible for those of us without incoming freshmen to say exactly.

Housing
During the spring semester, all applicants will be given a date and time to come back and self select a hall/apartment and room. Applicants will be given a date and time based on their Housing Status (priority, guaranteed or waitlist) and their Housing Priority Date.

In the unlikely event that you are not able to self select a hall/apartment and room, or choose not to self select, you must give us at least three housing preferences so that we can manually assign you. Housing preferences are not a guarantee that you will be placed in these halls/apartments.

Most students will be self-selecting their assignment through the housing portal
Please see this link for self-select instructions: http://oncampusaggies.tamu.edu/Images/Site/TAMU/Room Self Select Instructions.pdf

 You CANNOT select a room until your time slot starts, but please look over the instructions now so that you can ask any questions you may have in advance

• Time Slot Schedule for all incoming students:

Confirmed LLP Mid-to-Late April
Priority Housing Early-to-Mid May
Guaranteed Housing Mid-to-Late May

Copy and paste the PDF link if it doesn’t hyperlink for the instructions. Hope this helps.

Housing selection opened up in mid to late April for the LLC’s. Those students could select a room but with strict restrictions based on the LLC location, etc. The housing assignment office then blocked out room assignments for disability students based on their preferences stated in their housing contract and what was available in priority order. The process of placing LLC students and disability students went into May so they delayed the priority housing room selection from starting early May to more likely late next week. This may in turn delay the guaranteed housing window. Apparently based on your housing contract date you will be given a short window of time to select your room. If you miss that window they will select one for you based on your preferences; that is what was explained to me. So watch your tamu email this week.

Just wondering, how does housing work if I already have a roommate? I have priority, but my roommate has guaranteed. I know we’re supposed to match each other, but what if one on our list is available for priority but not guaranteed, etc?