Residential Leadership Community Help

<p>Hey, I need some advice. I am an architecture major and I just got offered Residential Leadership Community. Should I do it even if I don’t plan to complete the minor? I know Peddrew Yates is cool, but it’s like $900 for air conditioned. </p>

<p>Any RLC alums? </p>

<p>Thanks everybody for your insight</p>

<p>My daughter was in RLC last year, and she loved it. The A/C wasn’t the greatest, but they were cooler than the regular dorms. The main draw for her was only having 6 people share a bathroom instead of an entire hallway. They also had a living room in their suite where they could hang out in addition to the lounges at the ends of the hallway. Oh, and they had a full kitchen as well - that was also a big plus.</p>

<p>You don’t have to minor in leadership to stay there, but you do have to take 2 leadership classes in your freshman year. My daughter was very happy there, but it’s all a personal decision.</p>

<p>I know people who were in it, and all of them LOVED it. I’ve never heard a single complaint about the RLC, even from those who aren’t completing the leadership minor. It is a little pricy, but I think the price will be worth it. I lived in general housing my freshman year, and if I could do it over, I would have applied for themed housing such as the RLC.</p>

<p>Is there wifi in RLC dorms? Also is it carpeted?</p>

<p>Theres no wifi, but there’s nothing stopping you from bringing a wireless router. I think it is carpeted but dimwit else would have to confirm.</p>

<p>Yes, it’s carpeted - new carpet & paint last summer.</p>

<p>My daughter could pick up the wireless in some rooms of the dorm, but it wasn’t a great signal.</p>

<p>The RLC was the best thing that I could have done at Virginia Tech. It was nice to only have 6 people per bathroom with a suite living area. Be sure to jump on the opertunity.</p>