Results-Class of 2017

I thought I would start college results/admissions page. My DC was just admitted to Pitt in engineering! One down.

Where are all the African-American students on CC? This forum has been very quiet.

I’ll post all of D’s admissions results at the end of the cycle.

My application process is just getting started but I’ve already been accepted to LSU (my state school)

My DD17 has applied to a few HBCUs (her preferred choice) and will be applying to a few other schools including SUNY. Hopefully we will be done by December.

Finished most of my applications already, only two left! My school had a college application day and an admissions representative from Claflin gave me an on-the-spot acceptance and said I could possibly get a full-ride. Let’s hope the rest of my applications go that well.

My son is applying to HARVARD Early Decision

My DD applied to Howard EA in hopes of getting the Presidential Scholarship (full ride + books + laptop). Hopefully we will hear back soon. So far she’s been accepted to Tulane as a Presidential Scholar with $32k merit/year and an invitation to the honors college. She has also applied/is applying to UCLA, UC Santa Barbara, USC, Columbia, Barnard, Fordham, UPenn, George Washington, and Georgetown.

I have applied EA to UMich and UNC, Regular to UCLA, and this weekend I’m sending out all of my other apps! (Cornell, George Washington, Duke, Pepperdine, Miami, & Wharton SOB @ UPenn)

• I hear back from Michigan on the 24th of Dec (It’s my first choice)

DD got into Howard. Now we wait to see if she got the full ride scholarship.

Son was accepted ED to University of Chicago. Very excited

Hi all !
. my daughter has gotten accepted into Penn State, Rutgers, seton hall , monmouth, Temple… deferred Fordham (asked for mid year grades) and Villanova . Waiting for TCNJ and University of Maryland …

Her stats are 4.7 weighted gpa… top 10 in her class with honors and AP… she cheers , many leadership and volunteer extracurricular activities !

Hope to hear all about everyone’s adventures :slight_smile:

1 Like

ED2 to Kenyon College! Let’s go!!

@ MS Hopeful when will you hear back on the scholarship from Howard? Can you post stats? My niece is in play for it next year. Was the process difficult?

@magnetnh She found out about the scholarship a week after acceptance. She got the Presidential which is a full ride (tuition and room and board) plus a laptop and book voucher. The process was not hard at all. Just have to submit a regular application early (I think it was Nov 1 or 15). Her stats are UW GPA 3.9, ACT 34, lots of leadership ECs including class president all four years. Feel free to send me a message if you want more information. Good luck to your niece!

@MSHopeful thanks for the details. I will pass it along. Will your D attend or are you still waiting for others? My S unlike his cousin is interested in liberal arts schools in New England.

@magnetnh She’s waiting for all of her decisions and financial aid packages before deciding. She applied to 10 and so far has gotten into 3.

I got accepted and will be attending Baylor University for business!

in at UCLA,UCSD,GATech,CPSLO,CSUF,CPP

Accepted to University of Rochester, Johns Hopkins University, and Northwestern University! Just waiting on Columbia and Tufts…

Accepted to Georgia Tech and Williams College. Waiting for the end of the month to hear about the remaining schools.