Results-Class of 2017

Accepted to Reed College, St. John’s College (MD), GA Tech, Georgia Southern University, and New College of Florida. Waitlisted at UChicago :-S

My daughter was accepted to Washington University in St. Louis, Ripon College (Offered a good merit scholarship) and Spring Hill College (Excellent Merit Scholarship offered), Xavier University of Louisiana (my alma mater), Missouri S and T and pretty much every school she applied. Her first choice is Wash U and that’s where she will be attending. If there are any others attending the Multicultural Celebration Days at Wash U please let me know.

I was accepted to Emory University

Update: Now Georgia Tech, Williams College, and Rice University. Still waiting for the end of the month.

All decisions are in so I’ll stop lurking and post my D’s results:

D17 App / Stats
ACT: 33 (34 super-scored)
SAT: 1400
SAT 2: 740 Math 2, 700 Chemistry
GPA: 4.0 UW
ECs: Lifeguard full time last 2 summers (manager last summer) , Managing Editor school newspaper, JV track, Step Team as part of a diversity young leaders association, MITES @ UT last summer, UIL, French Honor Society, Tae Kwon Do Black belt, Flag Runner at football.
Resident: Texas
Race/Ethnicity: Black/African American

Results: Chemical Engineering intended major

Prairie View A&M - Regents Scholar/color
Texas A&M - [color=green]Engineering Honors, $1250 engineering scholarship
UT Austin - Accepted/color, $5000 per year Presidential Scholars Award
Cornell: [color=green]Diversity Hosting (LL) then Accepted
Rice - Vision Invite (near LL) then Accepted Trustee Distinguished Scholarship $25,500 per year.

Princeton - Waitlisted
Yale - Waitlisted

MIT Early Action: Deferred then Rejected
Stanford - Rejected

Current #1: Rice (pending financial aid and Cornell visit)

Observations: TAMU financial aid package is actually $2600 per year better than UT even with bigger scholarship from UT.

School applied- Harvard, Yale, Princeton, University of michigan Ann Arbor

Accepted- Harvard, Yale, UM Ann Arbor

GPA- 3.99 unweighted (Full Ib student)
SAT - 1380 (I only took it once and didn’t study lol. I hate the college industrial complex and I refuse to give college board a profit)
Major- Environmental engineering

Debate captain, academic Games, national honor society, advanced Orchestra, summer internship, summer music programs, summer debate programs,

Don’t ask me how I got in harvard and Yale. The answer is God got me

@krissychrissy Amen

sorry i meant @kissychrissy

@JAMCAFE Surprised she didn’t apply to Spelman. Happy for her though, she got a great response from all great schools.

ahh going to berkeley