Retake SAT Subject tests?

<p>ok so is it really necessary to retake my SAT Subject tests if i didn’t do so hot? this may seem like a dumb question, but the LA Times said the SAT Subject tests weren’t as important as advertised and may be dropped all together in the future, but my counselor said they are as important as the actual SAT. i have all the credentials, but scored in the 500s on the Math II and I want to go into engineering so i probably have to retake it, but is it really worth it? do the UC’s heavily scrutinize it?</p>

<p>i've been told that it is mainly GPA + SAT I (and ECs + essay if you are shooting for LA or B) that affect your admission. </p>

<p>if you really think you can do better on your SAT II's, by all means retake them. dont stress out over them though. however, i think 500s should be retaken since according to Average</a> Scores your score is not above the average.</p>

<p>hope this helps.</p>

<p>I always thought the SAT Subject Tests were counted, unless they've changed things this year. IIRC, for schools like SD it was GPA x 1000 + 0.8(SAT1 + SAT2 + SAT2). </p>

<p>Also, ~500 is a really low score, you should definitely retake just because it's so easy to do better on the Math level 2.</p>

<p>that indeed does help, but will it look really awkward if i have a high SAT I and a low SAT II math? i REALLY dont want to retake it, mainly because i dont think i'll hit the 600 range but if i am going to be rejected over a low SAT II, then...and UCLA, UCB and UCSD is what im shooting for</p>

<p>maybe thats just me stressing because i didnt study that hard the first time i took it. lol thanks</p>