Returning from Sprink Break

<p>Pretty sure I already know the answer to this but thought I’d give it a shot here. Says dorms reopen at 10am Sunday, is this at all flexible? Like if a student returns late Sat. night will they be able to get into their room? I see housing is closed until the 18th so there’s no one to call on this.
DS and friend has a day-long drive back, I’d really prefer him coming in late Sat. over late Sun. with classes the next day.</p>

<p>Anyone?</p>

<p>aaarrrrgghhh! wish I could edit that title :)</p>

<p>No, the university is closed, see if the student can stay with a friend who lives nearby or in one of these residence halls:
Please note, all residence halls remain open during Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break. During Winter Break and Spring Break, Burke East and West, Rose Towers, the Highlands, the Bluff, and Bryce Lawn remain open. All other residence halls are closed for the duration of those break periods. Residents of all other residence halls must vacate their rooms for the duration of the break period.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>No need to edit the title, AL! </p>

<p>Sprink (as defined in the always reliable Urban Dictionary :)) means “to skip happily especially when going out for a night on the town; to go forward with optimistic expectation of having a good time.”</p>

<p>(Ex: “We went sprinking last night and had a great time”.)</p>

<p>Here’s hoping all our kids are sprinking well this week. In fact, now that I think about it, I could use a Sprink Break myself.</p>

<p>bob - <3 : )</p>

<p>AL34 - just booked a hotel room near the airport HERE so my son can get out Sunday am! We have weather coming in and I’m afraid we won’t be able to get to the airport Sunday morning because of snow (they close the main highway.) So… :frowning: have to say goodbye early. (I’m going to drop him off try and get home before the storm really hits - animals are unforgiving when it comes to eating!) Anyway: suggest hotel if friends are out of town like my son’s room mates.</p>

<p>I have trouble with the idea that the kids can’t get settled a little earlier than the last minute! Especially since some of the profs delayed midterms. My son would have traveled on Saturday, if the dorms had been open. Maybe next time we’ll send him back to school anyway and book the hotel on that end!</p>

<p>However, all-in-all we’re so pleased with UA that we will wrestle with this. Just empathizing. </p>

<p>Hope all are well.</p>

<p>Roll tide.</p>

<p>I think the issue may be with getting the RAs all back.</p>

<p>^ ditto that.</p>

<p>With the increase in OOS students, UA is finding that more students cannot easily make it to/from campus inexpensively on a single day, especially if that day is already a busy travel day. Those that live near large airports on the west coast have the benefit of redeye flights that allow them to start their travel the day before and save money that way. Still, with the first airport shuttle leaving at 1pm (only the Sunday after Thanksgiving had an 11:30 am shuttle), most of the connections from the redeye flights arrive long before that.</p>

<p>Safe travels to all and Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>I’ve given up on the ‘inexpensive travel’ idea…hasn’t that become an oxymoron for domestic flights?
Sea-tide, you are the expert! We often talk about your travel adventure spirit when making reservations or encountering delays, redirects, etc… :)</p>