Returning student away game football ticket opt in

<p>Did my son miss it?</p>

<p>I hope not, because if your son missed it then mine did too!</p>

<p>Heart attack moment, DS is on trip with DD and I haven’t paid attention, thought it’d be nice for him to experience at least one as a senior. Let me know I didn’t miss it.</p>

<p>Has anyone gotten the email for away game tickets yet?</p>

<p>Last year the opt-in was April 30th, and purchase date was in early May.</p>

<p>What about for incoming freshmen? How and when can they opt in for away football tickets? We would like to attend the ATM game, and watch The Tide roll all over them on their precious home field!</p>

<p>@txdoula - Student tickets for away games are limited. They are issued to students based on number of UA hours earned. It seems pretty unlikely that Freshmen would get away-game student tickets, but you never know.</p>

<p>And just to clarify, students only get one ticket. To get family or friends to sit with them in the student section is technically possible, but a huge hassle. (they would have to buy a ticket from a fellow student who opted-in and purchased the ticket. Then get in line together at the ticket office at the designated pick up time, which is usually only a few days before the game.)</p>

<p>I suggest stubhub or tiderinsider.com</p>

<p>Wonder why the opt in is so late this year.</p>

<p>Thanks Wake. I figured all along that I’d be using stubhub for my ticket,but wondered if my freshman had any chance of getting a student ticket. As luck would have it, with our Texas roots, we have friends in College Station. The mom is a t-sip like me. Daughter will be a sophmore at College Station, good friend of DS. Mom has said she’s happy to sit anywhere with me, not an aggie fan. She said daughter can likely get a ticket for DS. Said that would be fine, as long as she doesn’t mind her friend smack dab in the middle of the aggie student section in a big 'ole Roll Tide t-shirt!</p>

<p>have you seen the ticket prices for the A&M game? uh … pretty pricey. my daughter is planning to go (she has plenty of hours). hope her friends can get tickets!</p>

<p>So still no email for opting in, right? Last time I asked my D, she hadn’t received one.</p>

<p>No email yet.</p>

<p>Anyone know what’s going on? We still haven’t seen or heard anything. Hope we didn’t miss it!!!</p>

<p>Nothing… The kids need to make plans if they’re going to Atlanta. Hope they hear soon.</p>

<p>Ticket office says students will receive an email next week with the details for away game opt-in</p>

<p>Apparently the ticket office was waiting for a CC mom to call and ask where the heck the opt-in info is…</p>

<p>2013 Alabama Student Away Game Ticket Sale Information</p>

<p>UA Students enrolled in the Spring 2013 semester who wish to purchase tickets to away football games may opt-in beginning Monday, July 22 at 7 a.m.</p>

<p>The opt-in period will end on Wednesday, July 24 at 5 p.m.</p>

<p>This is NOT a first-come, first-serve ticket sale.</p>

<p>Tickets will be allotted to students based on UA earned credit hours earned as of the Spring 2013 semester.
An 80/20 split will occur for each away game. 80% of each student away game allotment goes to undergraduates and 20% goes to graduate students.
After the payment period ends, the Alabama Athletics TIDE PRIDE/Ticket Office will determine if any re-offers are necessary. Subsequent emails to students about any re-offers will follow at the appropriate time.
Specific log-in instructions for the opt-in period will be sent to your official UA Crimson e-mail account on Friday, July 19. If you have any questions pleace contact the Alabama Athletics TIDE PRIDE/Ticket Office at (205) 348-2262 or <a href=“mailto:ticketoffice@ia.ua.edu”>ticketoffice@ia.ua.edu</a>.</p>

<p>IMPORTANT: Virginia Tech Ticket Information</p>

<p>The University of Alabama’s student allotment for the Alabama vs. Virginia Tech game in Atlanta, GA consists of 3,150 student tickets at $30 per ticket. 450 tickets are located in the lower level of the Georgia Dome, and 2,750 tickets are located in the upper level. Student tickets will be distributed as picked up the week of the game, therefore, the first 450 students to pick up their tickets will receive lower level tickets. All tickets are priced at $30 per ticket and all tickets are physical seats.</p>

<p>Important Dates:</p>

<p>July 19 Email with opt-in instructions sent</p>

<p>July 21 Reminder email with opt-in instructions sent</p>

<p>July 22 - 24 Opt-in period for all eligible UA Students</p>

<p>July 24 Initial results emailed</p>

<p>July 25 - 26 Initial payment period</p>

<p>Away game ticket pick-up will begin the Monday prior to each away game.</p>

<p>Student Away Game Sale Timeline</p>

<ol>
<li> Email with opt-in instructions sent - Friday, July 19</li>
</ol>

<p>An email from the Alabama Athletics TIDE PRIDE/Ticket Office will include how to log-in and have direct links to the opt-in process.
Students will need this email to set up his/her online account on RolllTide.com.
2. Opt-in period - Monday, July 22 - Wednesday, July 24</p>

<p>The student opt-in period begins at 7 a.m., Monday, July 22 and ends at 5 p.m., Wednesday, July 24.<br>
This is NOT a first-come, first-serve sale.
Students will simply choose the away game(s) he/she would like to purchase within the opt-in period. No payment will required during the opt-in period.
3. Initial results emailed - Wednesday, July 24</p>

<p>After the opt-in period, all requests for each respective away game will be sorted in UA earned credit hour order (highest to lowest).
There is no pre-determined credit hour cut-off, the amount of students who opt-in vs. the inventory available will determine UA earned cut-off hour for each away game.
Results will be posted to the Student Football Ticket page on RollTide.com after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24.
Students who receive the option to purchase an away game ticket(s) will receive an email from the Alabama Athletics TIDE PRIDE/Ticket Office explaining proper payment instructions and procedures.
4. Initial payment period - Thursday, July 25 & Friday, July 26</p>

<p>Students who receive an opportunity to purchase an away game ticket (s) must pay for their ticket(s) beginning at 7 a.m., Thursday, July 25 and will have until 5 p.m., Friday, July 26 to do so.
5. Away game ticket pick-up - Week of each away game</p>

<p>When: Week of each away game - Beginning Monday at 7 a.m.
Where: Alabama Athletics TIDE PRIDE/Ticket Office - Located in main lobby of Coleman Coliseum
Student away game tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, if you would like to sit with your friends, you will need to come together to pick up your tickets. Only one ticket will be distributed per student, and only the student of record may pick up his/her ticket. NO EXEPTIONS.</p>

<p>Well done, 2012Mom! Thank you for passing this info along. I’m sure it is helpful for many of us.</p>

<p>Anyone know how many hours one needs to get away game tix? My D has lots of hours, but not so many UA earned hours since she’s only a rising sophomore. Any chance for tickets?</p>

<p>beth’s mom, I remember reading last year that each game is a different requirement. I think it depends on the number of tickets UA is allocated from the home team. I think too that sometimes when they did not get all tickets taken on the first pass they then opened it up on a game or two to students with fewer hours than what was originally required.</p>

<p>Reminder: Today is the first day of opt-in for the away games.</p>

<p>I just looked on mybama, can’t see where to opt-in for away games…anyone know where to go?</p>