Reverse Chance Me [transfer with 3.08 college GPA after two years of college, public health]

@ucbalumnus has given good information and advice regarding attending a CC or transfer to a CSU/UC if you want to return to California.

Transferring from an OOS university is given less priority than in-state CC transfers for the UC’s and CSU’s but if there are some lower division courses that need to be taken, going to a CC and then trying to transfer for Spring 2024 or Fall 2024 are possible.

UC Merced is the only UC that accepts Spring Transfers and the deadline is July 31, 2023 but there are several Cal States that will accept Spring Transfers.

The CSU Spring transfer application deadline is
​​August 1, 2023 – August 31, 2023.

You can look through the application to see which CSU’s accept Spring transfers and which majors are available. If you meet the requirements, you should apply. If not successful, you can then re -evaluate your options and reapply for Fall 2024.

With your current 3.08, I would target the Cal States but other UC’s might be possible if there are lower division classes you can take at a CC to boost your GPA for Fall transfer.

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/about-us/information-center/transfers-major

@mn69602 you have several discussions posted regarding your transfer chances and you have gotten a lot of good advice and options. I suggest you go into more detail about what you are looking for in a transfer college and if you are still considering returning to California as originally stated. UCI was one school mentioned but not possible with your current GPA. SJSU was another school noted by @ucbalumnus which is a very good option on your other discussion threads.

Has anything changed since these discussion threads were posted?