Review Admin Chance

<p>Howdy y'all just wondering if y'all could look at my scores and rank, and see what you think my chances are.
So I applied on August 1st, the first day it opened, because A&M is basically the only school i want to go to.
I'm 85/583
weighted GPA: 4.08
unweighted GPA: 3.4
ACT-Composite 27
SAT-
Math- 580
Reading- 580
Composite- 1160
I've submitted all 3 essays, and two letters of recommendation.
My Extracurricular Activities include:
3 Years as a Drill Team Manager
3 Years in A Cappella Choir
V.P. for my Church Choir Junior Year, and President this year
Voice Awards and Medals.
Countless Service Hours from the past four years.
And not that it matters but I included on one of my questions in the application process that my 3 older brothers have all graduated from Texas A&M.
And there's so many other things, I just can't think of right now.
I would appreciate y'alls responses!
I've been waiting four months for a decision and I'm just really anxious!
Thanks for your time!</p>

<p>top 15%
acceptable SAT scores
Good EC’s with leadership
community service
all that looks good…</p>

<p>What major did you apply for 1st & 2nd choice
did you go on official campus tour and/or visit a prospective student center?
Did you attend any camps A&M offers to high school Jr/Sr’s?</p>

<p>1st- Business Administration
2nd- Communications
I know the Business School is really selective, but I figure I might as well apply now to see if I can get in as a Freshman, because when my brother tried to switch from Engineering to Mays he had to go through Hell and back to get in.
I’ve been to a prospective student breakfast in Arlington, and actually met President Loftin!
As for official visits no, because I’ve been so many times having 3 brothers graduate, that there was really no point in an official visit.</p>

<p>the point in visiting is to get your name on the “official visit” list. This helps with admission. And helps you make smart choices for majors when you are applying.
I don’t think you will get into Mays.
The problem with Communications as a major, The college of Liberal Arts will not consider you if you put it as your 2nd choice. [College</a> of Liberal Arts](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/WhyAggieland/UniquePrograms/colleges/art.aspx]College”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/WhyAggieland/UniquePrograms/colleges/art.aspx)
which means you will not be admitted into communications either.
You might consider visiting the Arlington Prospective Student Center and asking for some help in selecting a major you will have a chance to be admitted into.</p>

<p>I can still be admitted to the University without getting into a specific college, correct? Like they would put me in General Studies if I wasn’t admitted to either college?</p>

<p>General studies is full since I before November 20th.
I don’t know what the other poster is talking about, but I trust that he knows what he is talking about. I also don’t know how competitive Mays is, but you should call unless you want some unwanted news.
Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>

<p>I emailed the Office of Admissions asking if I weren’t admitted/the college was full in either of my choices. This was their reply “If both of your major choices are full when you are admitted, you will be asked to select another major that is available. Currently General Studies will not be an option for freshman this upcoming year.”</p>

<p>you should really go to Arlington Prospective Student Center.
if you wait to just be admitted and asked to select some random major, you may just be at the end of the admit list - with other admits being offered their first/second choice majors before they get to thoes like you. Of course I really have no idea, just a line of thought. Going to the Arlington Prospective Student Center will give you a clear and real idea of your chances.<br>
I am really trying to help you get this admission.
I do know for fact there are several College’s that will not accept students if they put their college as 2nd choice. This is where students who do not do their research get into admissions trouble and are rejected. It is not too late, get an apointment and go.</p>

<p>Thank you for all of your help, I will be trying to make an appointment for tomorrow after school! I will relay what they tell me on this thread. Again thank you, A&M has been my life since I was 5, and I want it to become reality.</p>