Review Admit Decisions?

<p>I heard something about a decision coming out in January or February. Of course, this is from a friends mom. </p>

<p>When I was at A&M a week ago (December 19), one of the undergrad advisers said something about Office of Admissions beginning the process of reviewing secondary applications. </p>

<p>I'm going to go ahead and guess that we won't know till March or April anyway.</p>

<p>I’ve heard of some review applicants being accepted in January. You never know, you may be surprised :slight_smile:
I too am a review applicant and I have been on Step 3 since September. Hopefully we’ll both hear soon.</p>

<p>like Amandyline said I think the first wave of results are sent out late January or early February . It probably depends on how fast the admissions people are this year. But, if it’s true they have already started reviewing maybe we could hear back as early as mid-january. We can always hope.</p>

<p>Some of my peers have already gotten accepted and they were review admits. By no means were they exceptional students, so I do not know why some review admits have already gotten accepted. </p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>

<p>Do you know how early they sent their apps? The whole review process is a bit strange to me- I guess we’ll just have to sit back and wait.</p>

<p>That’s weird maybe the people who heard back are involved in sports or are joining the Corp? I haven’t heard of any review applicants getting accepted at my school. I thought that they would start sending letters the end of January or early February because that’s what it says on the website.</p>

<p>I’m sure that they sent them near the deadline. My school is not known for having very motivated people. Some were barely making their applytexas account the day before th deadline for a majority of universitie/scholarship deadlines. I guess after the top ten percenters/high standardized test scorerers get in, they go through the applications randomly. I really do not know though.</p>

<p>I know some people who were review admits that have gotten into competitive majors(engineering). I still haven’t heard back though</p>

<p>I guess it’s just luck st the end of the day if you’re not a 10%er/high scorer</p>

<p>I was a review applicant this time last year and received my admission to engineering (my first choice) 3-4 days after I went back to school after Christmas break, so like January 8th. Another friend heard the same day, and he was also a review applicant. Two other friends from my high school (also review applicants but requesting different majors) heard during Christmas break. So, at least last year, they admitted some review applicants in late December & early January; maybe you will too.</p>

<p>My SAT score is over 250 pts higher than some of my friends who have already been accepted to these competitive majors. They applied a little earlier than I did though but their turn-around time was pretty quick. I’m just praying that I get in soon.</p>

<p>jackfly & biochemtx: What did your stats look like?(SAT scores and GPA wise, if you don’t mind sharing)</p>

<p>i pmd you amandyline</p>

<p>Oh, wow. Thanks to everyone who replied! I didn’t know any of this. I go to a big school (3,000 kids) and all I know of is auto admit/10% kids getting in. Issue with my school is…well, let me put it this way: we administer more AP tests every year than any other school. So my 3.39 GPA out of 4 didn’t put me in the top half. Kids in the top 15% have a 3.96 out of 4. </p>

<p>All that to say I’m not in the top half. But I am in multiple leadership positions in band, I have had a job since sophomore year, and I have some volunteer hours and clubs. So I have everything I need except rank. I even have auto-admit to UTD but chose to not go there.</p>

<p>So I was wondering when maybe we would hear back, but if some kids who aren’t “exceptional students” have been accepted, maybe I can rest easy. I even applied to Blinn just in case.</p>

<p>Many of the early review admits have shown interest with A&M by attending events A&M has for high school jr/sr’s. They have made official A&M campus visits during their high school years and visited their local prospective student center. It really makes a huge difference if you have shown interest in A&M in this way.</p>

<p>DavidSH- I would strongly suggest you make a visit to the regional center, I know it helped my neighbor’s son last year. And if you havent been to campus go visit there as well or make a repeat visit if possible.</p>

<p>Yeah, I need to visit more. I have only been once but I have been to SMU three or four times, and not all of those were official. Issue with A&M is paying for gas and a hotel every time I visit. But the prospective student center sounds like a good idea. I have visited A&M only once, a couple weeks ago. Maybe I can go down a couple more times on weekends. What would I do besides campus tours over and over?</p>

<p>Make an official tour of the College of your first choice major. An Official Campus tour.
Make an appoiintment at a prospective student center.
go to some of the A&M Admission Events [Admissions</a> Events](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshmen/visitus/events.aspx]Admissions”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshmen/visitus/events.aspx) </p>

<p>All of these things shows interest in TAMU. All of these things are logged and Admissions will know about it. A&M is most interested in making offers of admission to thoes who will accept the offer and want to attend.</p>

<p>How many visits should I do? I did an official walking tour and talked to some undergrad advisors (first and second choice majors). I’m going to the PSC this week (do I need to make an appointment?) and I have scheduled a visit for January 23rd and Aggieland Saturday in February. So that’s three campus visits and a PSC visit, of which I could do more.</p>

<p>I think 3 times is a good number. I would definitely tell you to try and make a department visit to your major… We did a second visit to A&M to the business department with D last year. It was a very informative visit and and a fairly small group of kids.</p>