Review admit for an aussie

<p>Hey there,</p>

<p>I am a review admit from Sydney Australia who has applied for Spring 2015 admission.
I was wondering if you could chance me?</p>

<p>Here are my stats:
Academics:
SAT: 1310/1600 (CR:650, M: 660, W: 520)
Courses in Senior year: 2 Unit Maths, Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Physics, Advanced English, Engineering studies.
These are all the difficult courses. We don't use the GPA system here.
Only reason I am in review, is because I don't have that 2nd year of Spanish.</p>

<p>Extra-curricular:
1. Australian Army Cadet Corps: 3 years
-Recruit Instructor and Squad commander (Lance Corporal)
-National Adventure Training Award (only 100/19000 cadets in the country have this award.)
-Libscomb Memorial Trophy for leadership, dedication and commitment.
-Attended Junior Non-commissioned Officer's course.
-Australian Intelligence Association award.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>House Captain of Walsh. (Think of Houses like the ones in Harry Potter/Hogwarts lol)
-Elected</p></li>
<li><p>SRC Sports Officer
-Elected </p></li>
<li><p>School Band and Guitar Group.
-Bass guitarist, singing and acoustic.
-4 years and performed on stage.</p></li>
<li><p>Bollywood dancing (lol)
-3 years and performed on stage.</p></li>
<li><p>Powerlifting
-Novice comp in January</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Work Experience:</p>

<ol>
<li>Internship at the Department of Defence and the School of Infantry.</li>
</ol>

<p>Volunteer Work:
1. Ceremonial Guard at ANZAC day and Rememberance day ceremonies.
2. House Captain counselling
3. Volunteering at various Hindu festivals.
4. Volunteering at School festivities.</p>

<p>I'd really appreciate it if you could give me a rating. I am really nervous about my app, Texas A&M is my dream uni.</p>

<p>Thank you :)</p>

<p>Have you confirmed that you would be a review candidate due to the lack of a second year of a language? I think you can also qualify by scoring 1500+ / 2400 on the SAT (at least that’s the way I interpreted the ruling). I would contact admissions and ask. If you qualify for curriculum that way, your scores are high enough & rank to be an academic admit. Email or text admissions to confirm - good luck!</p>

<p>Here’s the links that I found: <a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/coursework”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/coursework&lt;/a&gt; then see the alternate SAT score requirement <a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/TexasUAP”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/TexasUAP&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I asked admissions already and they confirmed I am a review candidate.</p>

<p>I would think you would have a good chance, just be sure to write very good essays, let them know your interest level & send a great recommendation. Did you happen to take languages earlier in school or happen to already speak another language? I know in Europe they do start much earlier, but not familiar with Australian system. Ironically in my opinion US language classes are much less intense than European ones - they expect much more mastery than the US courses do (I have been exposed to both). You could always self study and try the AP exam or sign up for an online course to possibly fill the requirement?</p>

<p>A bit of both.
Bengali is my first language and English is my second.
I took Spanish in Y8 but it wasn’t offered in Y9 or other subsequent years (High school here is 6 years).</p>

<p>Any awards from the Australian competitions such as the AMC, UNSW assessments, Chemistry Quiz? In addition, what is your predicted ATAR score? (this might put your chances into perspective) </p>

<p>@blu5959
Yeah I have some from UNSW and a few chemistry quizes. Nothing too special.
My school hasn’t given me a predicted ATAR.</p>

<p>if you have some High Distinctions or above, put them on your application to Texas A&M, anything below don’t bother. Also, your SAT score is a little low to be honest</p>

<p>u wot m80
Its above average for A&M and just qualifies for Auto admit.</p>

<p>Plus, its a bit too late anyways, the deadline for Spring Semester already passed and I am just waiting on results.</p>