REVIEW admits- decisions

<p>I contacted them and this is the response I received:</p>

<p>"Howdy Hayden,</p>

<p>Thank you for contacting the Office of Admissions.</p>

<p>Applicants should receive their decisions between today and next friday. As soon as a decision has been made, your AIS page will update to show the decision.</p>

<p>If we can be of additional assistance, please contact our office again at (979) 845-1060 or <a href=“mailto:admissions@tamu.edu”>admissions@tamu.edu</a>.</p>

<p>Thanks & Gig 'em!</p>

<p>The Office of Admissions</p>

<ul>
<li>astokes"</li>
</ul>

<p>The anticipation is KILLING me!</p>

<p>Has the Howdy portal/AIS website been down for anyone else today?</p>

<p>Yep it was down for me as well… I thought maybe the decisions were being processed… Nope…</p>

<p>No problem guys. You all seem like extremely qualified people to get in but unfortunately this is what happens when you apply to a school like A&M. Sounds like you all should hear back really soon. Keep me posted on what happens. If you get in, make sure to do everything right away (housing deposit, new student conference, etc.), because those will be filling up very quickly now that more and more people are being admitted.</p>

<p>Good luck and keep me posted.</p>

<p>I have a HS junior who will definitely be a review applicant next year. If you get your decision and don’t mind sharing please give your basic stats and if you are a minority.</p>

<p>My D got this email last Thursday, we are encouraged that none of the options were ‘rejection’:</p>

<p>Thank you for applying to Texas A&M University!</p>

<p>It has been another record-breaking application season with more than 31,000 students applying for admission to Texas A&M. The number of students who qualified for automatic admission also increased, leaving more than 15,000 students in holistic review vying for a limited number of seats in the freshman class. Waiting for an admission decision can be a very stressful time. The goal is for all applicants to have an admission decision within the next two weeks.</p>

<p>Students will receive one of the following decisions:</p>

<p>v Full admission to Texas A&M</p>

<p>v An offer to participate in the Aggie Gateway to Success program - a Summer provisional admission program at Texas A&M that is administered through General Academics [Gateway</a> Program](<a href=“http://gest.tamu.edu/gateway/default.aspx]Gateway”>http://gest.tamu.edu/gateway/default.aspx)</p>

<p>v An offer to participate in the Blinn TEAM program - a collaborative, co-enrollment partnership between Texas A&M and Blinn College [Texas</a> A&M Blinn TEAM Program](<a href=“http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/]Texas”>http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/)</p>

<p>v An offer to participate in the Program for System Admission (PSA) – an alternative admission program in which selected students may enroll in one of the Texas A&M University System Institutions with the goal of returning to Texas A&M in College Station [Program</a> for System Admission (PSA)](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/PSA/default.aspx]Program”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/PSA/default.aspx)</p>

<p>All of these options are viable pathways to obtaining a degree from Texas A&M University. It is important to note that students do not have the ability to indicate interest in a specific option. All admission decisions are made by the Office of Admissions and are final.</p>

<p>I think that everyone recived that email.</p>

<p>Has anyone else still not heard?</p>

<p>I have not heard yet</p>

<p>We’ve not heard anything either.</p>

<p>Haven’t heard anything. I called admissions and they gave me the standard “This year we’ve received a record number of applications, so please be patient”. Anyone hear anything different?</p>

<p>I sent an email last week to OoA asking about the timeline and got the out of office reply due to spring break.</p>

<p>Today I received this communication. Wait is almost over.</p>

<p>Thank you for contacting the Office of Admissions.</p>

<p>I apologize for the delay in receiving a decision. All decisions should be released by Thursday morning. Some students should see the decision tomorrow morning and the rest will see it Thursday. If you have any questions about the decision, please feel free to contact our Admission Counselors at (979) 458-0950. </p>

<p>We appreciate your patience during this long process.</p>

<p>txaggie87, is that for freshman or transfers? and which major is your kid picking?</p>

<p>THANKS!</p>

<p>Is anyone else still waiting to hear back?</p>

<p>Yes. I received and email this morning that all remaining reviews are going before the director of admissions.</p>

<p>My son is still waiting. We’ve not received an email like the one motomom posted about. Motomom, when is the email dated and does it look like a form email they are sending to the remaining applicants? Thanks.</p>

<p>No, I emailed OofA on Friday and got this response today. </p>

<p>As of Friday, our understanding in Customer Services is that all Fall 2012 Freshman decisions have been made, and the remaining decisions (those that have not been updated) are awaiting approval from the Director of Admissions. Once he approves them, the decisions will be updated in AIS and letters will be put in the mail. I apologize for the prolonged wait, we know you are anxious to hear and we appreciate your patience with us. I cannot say whether or not all remaining decisions are PSA; I believe my supervisor told me that the majority are, but there are still some full admission offers, as well as Blinn TEAM and Gateway in the mix of all those PSA offers. Please continue to check throughout this week, as we anticipate these remaining decisions should be going out shortly.</p>

<p>My S turns 18 tomorrow…I hope he gets the bday present he wants…and into A&M!!:)</p>

<p>Thanks motomom. I interpret this as… there is a decision on my son’s application waiting to be approved by the director and once he approves, it will be entered into AIS. I’ll hold on to the thought that he could still get full admission. I hope your son has an extra happy 18th!</p>

<p>Has anyone heard any more updates on the last admission decisions going out? My daughter has still not heard anything even with all these reports that the final decisions have been made and are being ratified.</p>

<p>Nope. Still waiting as well. Saw a couple of kids get Blinn Team yesterday…and I think a PSA the day before.</p>