Review applicant waiting

When will A&M send out the next rounds of letters for review applicants? I’ve been waiting since September.

I believe it just depends on which major you applied for. It could be as late as June I believe. Generally though the longer the wait, the better your chances. They deny a lot of people in the beginning and also accept many of the automatic academic admits. Best of luck to you!

They predict everyone should hear by mid-February this year. I think the above info ^ is for transfers, not incoming freshman.

Hopefully they will hear by mid February, on the website it suggests mid to late March.

ilovemath987 - I am still awaiting my decision and am in the science college (Mathematics Major), I had similar thoughts about the longer you wait the better the odds. I mean I don’t think many will come on to this forum to talk about being denied, you have a lot of approved students who will though. I was curious how you got that information though? Just a common trend you have seen? I haven’t seen a single science major say that they were accepted either.

Yes, I’m just going off of what I have seen for the past 2 years with friends and other people in my classes applying. I also get some of the information with what my advisor has told me and I am a transfer student so I know it’s different than admission for freshman. Last spring I applied for the fall for mechanical engineering in Jan. and I got denied in late Feb. due to the fact that I did not have physics 2 completed. I applied for civil engineering in Aug. and was accepted in mid Nov. I’ve also had some friends that didn’t hear back until late Jun. for engineering but they were transfer students. Hope this helps and best of luck to you!

I don’t know which site liove is using (maybe the same one?), but my info came from the texags forum with the admissions representative, Jon. http://texags.com/forums/17/topics/2230552/0 The info from Jon is marked : TAMUAdmissions. Take other postings as you will, but the only ones from admissions are those. Also it is now 30 pages long covering two admission cycles. Good luck on your admission - the wait is almost over :slight_smile:

Yes, the admissions decision makers are different. For freshman, they are done through the university only and the transfers are done by major in their departments.

Well for transfers they do still go through the university first to make sure all the requirements are completed. But then yes, they do go to the department of the major.