Review Chances

Unfortunately, I missed the class rank requirement for academic admission in class rank by a margin. I applied over a month ago and was hoping to see what you guys think my chances for full admission actually are as a review applicant. My first choice major is Physics.

Hispanic Male - First Gen Immigrant - InState

ACT: Comp:31 E:32 M:30 R:31 S:30

SAT: 1350 (E&R: 680, M: 670) Essay: 6-6-6

Essays: Pretty good

Extracurriculars: Varsity Tennis, Academic Decathlon, UIL Current Events

• All-District Tennis Team
  • First Chair All-District: Bass Trombone
  • 3rd Place Varsity Student Region IX -- Academic Decathlon
  • 8th Place Varsity Student State Level -- Academic Decathlon
  • Rotary Youth Leadership Award - District 5810

@Rektmani I’m a review admit too, first choice Microbio. The only thing that might put you down is lack of community service, but since your so close to the auto admit cut off, they will probably overlook that. I think you have a really good chance :). They are taking forever for everyone’s review apps, we should hear back before Christmas.

There is no early decision for review admits. Only engineering majors have early admissions notifications of mid-December if they applied by October 15. Review admits may be notified in some of the waves before but the majority will find out by end of March. That said, that is what the website has always stated but the past two years, the final wave came the 3rd Friday in February.
From the Website:
Notification of Decision

Admission decisions are made throughout the application period. Final decisions will be announced in mid-November for spring admission and mid- to late- March for fall admission through the Applicant Information System (AIS).

Top 10% & Academic Admits
Notifications are announced after your complete application file is processed.

Review Admits
Applicants will be notified in mid- to late- March.

@Thelma2 What (if any) advantage is there for applying early to engineering?

Engineering applicants who apply by the deadline of October 15, will receive early decision (by mid December) of what program they will be accepted to (full admission at Cstat, Galveston, Engineering Academy at Blinn or Blinn Team or PSA. Those applicants who apply after October 15 and by the deadline of December 1 will receive their decision in January. There is no advantage to applying early as far as having a better chance of being admitted.

This is the first year that all engineering applicants underwent holistic review, even auto and academic admits, not just review admits. In the past, auto and academic admits applying to engineering were admitted on a first come, first serve basis, as all the other majors are.

I got my “4 tabs” today. Is this of any significance? I’ve read that it can imply the applicant has been accepted. Is there any truth to this?