Reviewed Decision Pending -- Your Experience??

<p>@emh438
Which faculty?</p>

<p>ugh iā€™ve been decision pending forever and itā€™s freaking me out now.</p>

<p>ashykinz,</p>

<p>ā€œDecision pendingā€ from Feb.08. Just call admission office. They said ā€œit may wait till May15. If you want the decision right now, may be ā€œrefuseā€, if still keep pending for a while, may have different decisionā€. Their attitude is suck.</p>

<p>hi, im applying to mcgill as well and they received my final transcript pretty late (march 9) and gave me a decision for the engineering program 2 days later on march 11ā€¦ i got waitlisted :frowning:
and im still waiting on the faculty of science decision, it says reviewed - decision pendingā€¦
does anyone know, about how long one would have to wait for it to turn from wait listed to accepted? hereā€™s hoping i dont jinx myself</p>

<p>Accepted. Aaah, relief.</p>

<p>Congrats Tothefore!</p>

<p>Further Review Required for quite a while now. They received my final supplemental documents (mid-term grades, letter of recommendation) on the 7th. of March. Note: The status was Further Review Required before this date.</p>

<p>Iā€™m an European applicant. I called the admission office on the 8th. to make sure they received my documents. They let me know they make an effort to prioritize international applications in order to give the student more time to deal with all the immigration stuff. I wonder if the reason itā€™s taking so long is because they are looking into my education system (Denmark).</p>

<p>EDIT: Applying to Science.</p>

<p>LacrossePlayer ā€¦ I really feel for you - your stats are great. My sense is that thereā€™s a certain randomness at McGill even more than at others. My D was rejected by Arts with very good stats, but not as good as yours. We thought she had a good shot because of a guy we know whose family considers him ā€œlazyā€ - roughly 3.2 GPA, not a rigorous curriculum, etc. Just donā€™t understand it. I really hope you get off that waiting list and into McGill. Best of luck to you!</p>

<p>I was ā€œReview-Decision Pendingā€ for about a monthā€¦ much longer than almost everyone else who applied to McGill from my school, so I was freaking out a little bit. Got accepted to both the interfaculty arts & sciences program and just sciences this past Friday though. =) Iā€™ve heard that the interfaculty program is competitive to get into, but does anyone know specifics?</p>

<p>I know this doesnt belong here but im not sure where to put itā€¦and im a little confused. I was accepted to interfaculty of arts and sciences, but waitlisted for the faculty of science. i can decline to be kept on the waiting list and still accept the offer for admission into the BA/Sc.? right? im confused haha</p>

<p>Thanks MominMaryland. Nice to hear from you. Feeling blue about it, but looking forward to hearing from all the other schools I applied to. Once I get my decisions in the next two weeks Iā€™ll figure out whether I really want to get in off the waiting list or just move on. Still puzzled about why I wasnā€™t accepted though!</p>

<p>ahhh i got in! everyone decision pending it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s the end of the world!</p>

<p>btw i applied to science if you needed to know</p>

<p>My son was also reviewed decision pending for over a month. He checked today and found out that he is on the wait list. He hadnā€™t checked his status for over 2 weeks and was never notified of a change in status. Do students normally get an email from McGill letting them no their admission status has changed? He indicated online that he would like to be on the wait list. Iā€™m just a little nervous about the administrative process and concerned about whether they are aware he accepted the wait list. Were any of you notified via email about changes in your admissions status/acceptance of the wait list? Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi mainstone,
I had the same experience (3 weeks on decision pending and then waitlisted). I also found out online. Once you click on the ā€œacceptā€ button, the status on the minerva site switches to ā€œaccepted offerā€. That definitely means that the administration knows that you accepted their offer of being on the waitlist. If youā€™re concerned, just call them.
About 10 days after being put on the waitlist online I did get a letter from McGill also telling me of this offer.</p>

<p>Hi Lacrosse Player,</p>

<p>I tried searching online and on the McGill site for information on the wait list i.e., percentage accepted etc., but could not find anything. Do you have any information on the wait list? My son was disappointed, as Iā€™m sure are, but I know he will do well wherever he goes and I can tell from your posts that you will too!</p>

<p>Hi,
Yes, super disappointed. And surprised based on my grades, gpa, tests etc. But I guess itā€™s a little random. My parents suggested I wait a few weeks until a lot of the admissions decisions are made and then call up and ask where I am on the list and make it clear that Iā€™m interested. They thought that calling right now might be considered a little annoying since itā€™s their crazy busy season. So Iā€™ll wait until the end of the first week of April or so. I have been told that the waiting lists are realistic and DO move. But the problem is that US schools ask for a deposit by May 1 and waiting list decisions are usually not in by then. I think I would just put my deposit down at another school and lose it if I get into McGill.</p>

<p>Still says ā€œReviewed - Decision Pendingā€ since December! I applied for Chemical Engineering. My marks are a little over the admission standards (Iā€™m from BC) but my extra curricular activities are astounding. A friend of mine attached a summary of his extra curricular activities to UW (even if they werenā€™t asking for it), and he got admitted! So for McGill, should I attach one too? no? Should I call them about it?</p>

<p>Iā€™m curious, (especially since US decisions are May 1st) Has anyone moved off of the McGill wait-list and been accepted?</p>

<p>@ mainstone. im from the US too and i was waitlisted for chemical engineering about 2 months ago. but then i got accepted 3 weeks later.</p>

<p>Undeuxtrois, Congratulations! Now I really canā€™t figure out how the wait list works :)</p>