Rhodes Scholarship

<p>A University of Alabama senior has advanced to the Finalist level of the competition. The final interview and selection is scheduled for Nov.19th.</p>

<p>Is it your son?</p>

<p>: ) Yes! </p>

<p>There is also one more male student being endorsed by UA. My son does not know if this other candidate has advanced in the competition. It would be great if both are Finalists. Unfortunately, both are competing in District VII. Only one male and one female student will be named Rhodes Scholars in District VII.</p>

<p>That is awesome. What an achievement! Best of luck going forward, mo3b.</p>

<p>Best Wishes! </p>

<p>Crossing my fingers!!!</p>

<p>Good luck to your son! What an achievement to be a finalist - you must be incredibly proud.</p>

<p>That’s wonderful! best of luck to your son, you must be so proud! RTR</p>

<p>momof3… congratulations!!! how wonderful!</p>

<p>one male and one female? </p>

<p>Is this a new policy? In years past, districts could have all male or all female.</p>

<p>What an huge honor, momof3!! How doubly exciting to learn that he’s one of the CC kids. Best of luck!</p>

<p>Congratulations to your family and son. Best of luck to him going forward!</p>

<p>Congrats on this remarkable achievement by your son.</p>

<p>Congratulations - wonderful news and wonderful accomplishment!</p>

<p>My son was told that each District “traditionally” select one male and one female. My son could have gone through the District for our home state OR the District for AL. He chose the District for AL for personal reasons.</p>

<p>Best of luck to your son. He should be very proud regardless of the outcome.</p>

<p>mom,</p>

<p>your son was misinformed. There is no rule of one male and one female.</p>

<p>Best of Luck to your son!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>The second UA student has also been named a Rhodes Finalist! </p>

<p>This is wonderful recognition for UA!</p>

<p>Congratulations and best of luck to both students!</p>

<p>Congratulations to your son and the other student. That is fantastic news!</p>