Rhodes Scholarship

<p>Just wondering if your son is on the cross country team?</p>

<p>CONGRATS! ROLL on!!</p>

<p>So he is one of the two selected from Alabama? That’s really great!</p>

<p>Congrats momof3!! That is an awesome honor for your son and entire family. I can only imagine how proud you all must be of him.</p>

<p>UA is attracting the best & brightest and this board has ties to many of them. It really is great to follow the accomplishments of so many of your sons & daughters. Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>ccforlife, yes he is. We just got back from the SEC Championship a few hours ago.</p>

<p>I thought so :slight_smile: Despite his busy schedule, he was kind enough to meet w/my son while we were there for E-day. My D knew he’d be a great contact b/c he is very interested in Math & CBHP. </p>

<p>My son was impressed with his many accomplishments and especially how well-spoken he was! It was great for him to see that there are many opportunitites available @ UA for motivated students. Your son is definitely a wonderful recruiter.</p>

<p>Congratulations on raising a fine young man who is using his time & talents to serve others. (Not only while @ UA but in terms of his future goals.)</p>

<p>Thanks ccforlife. My son is just one of MANY students with similar accomplishments. </p>

<p>I did not post this thread to toot my own (or my son’s) horn. The news worthiness is that UA provides an environment for students to excel in ways that UA students CAN make a difference in our global society. In addition, UA has staff who’s primary role is to identify and mentor students who have the drive to make a difference in the world.</p>

<p>momof3boyz, I appreciate you posting the information for all of the reasons you mention above. The success of the two Finalist says a lot about UA.</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p><a href=“YouA moves from Youtube – The Crimson White”>YouA moves from Youtube – The Crimson White;

<p>Above is an article from today’s Crimson White which highlights both of UA’s Rhodes Finalists. Best wishes for both Finalists!</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing! What an uplifting article about young adults who will set the world ablaze. Congrats!</p>

<p>Great article!!!</p>

<p>Good luck!!! </p>

<p>fingers crossed!!! </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing the article. You must be so proud of your son. He sounds like an amazing guy.</p>

<p>Congratulations on raising such an amazing son. He really has accomplished a lot. Good luck to him with the Rhodes scholarship competition.</p>

<p>Superb! To all you prospective students who are dealing with ill-informed Alabama skeptics, please refer them to the CW article referenced herein so they can see for themselves what’s really going on at UA and who your peers will be.</p>

<p>momof3,</p>

<p>Congrats to both you and your son! He did such an amazing job last year with tornado relief I would love for him to take on the world hunger problem!</p>

<p>congrats again momof3…thanks for posting that article…fingers crossed!!!</p>

<p>The Finalists are being interviewed today in Birmingham, AL. District 7 has 14 Finalists. </p>

<p>Now we wait… </p>

<p>The two recipients will be announced this evening. No matter the outcome, all 14 Finalist’s are remarkable people, students and leaders at their own school. Alabama can boast that two of their students were named Finalists this year.</p>

<p>I remember that wait well…please remember to celebrate even if your kid does not win. Just making finalist is a great honor and worth a good celebratory dinner tonight, Rhodes scholar or not, they are still winners.</p>

<p>BTW, some districts decide as early as 5 PM, sometimes an hour or two later. The Rhodes Trust issues a press release sometime late in the evening, usually in time to make the Sunday papers.</p>

<p>Best wishes!</p>

<p>Fingers crossed!</p>